Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

my fingers and joints hurt, I have a rash on body looks like

my fingers and joints hurt, I have a rash on body looks like sores, my kidneys and bladder aren't working properly and I battle depression
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

What question about this can I help you answer?

Customer:

what it "possibly" is

Customer:

I firmly bekieve it is all related

Customer:

believe

Dr Brims :

Have you had any tests?

Customer:

no, unfortunately the symptoms have seemed unrelated but as they have increased I feel the basic explanations fit at time but now are not the issue. It is expensive to go to doctor every time I need to

Dr Brims :

What is the problem with your kidneys?

Customer:

they feel tender at times and I do not know if kidneys are involved in this part but I rarely make it to bathroom any longer. It hits instantly with extreme urgency

Dr Brims :

Okay, you may have a condition called lupus, which causes a rash, and affects your kidneys as well. The diagnosis is usually conformed with a blood test called an antinuclear antibody. I would recommend that you have it

Customer:

I have spent a lot of time in various medical areas due to my sons leukemia and have learned a lot. Mainly not to freak out over things along with usable knowledge that saves a lot of doctor trips

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

Wow!! That's what I have came to believe in recent times

Customer:

But I was told there was no specific testing

Dr Brims :

There are many tests, blood tests include an ANA, anti D dna and anti smith dna

Customer:

I felt a blood test was best to even get pushed in a direction of answers

Dr Brims :

I agree

Customer:

I feel symptoms started around 4 yrs ago

Dr Brims :

I see, then you have had them for some time

Customer:

Thank you for your help. I was hoping maybe some other options would have came to ight

Customer:

some of them

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Customer:

But I have really been hit all of a sudden with multiple issues

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear that

Customer:

is the antinuclear the best idea

Dr Brims :

Yes, that is the best next step

Customer:

it said it could take up to ten yrs to get confirmations

Dr Brims :

No, the test takes a matter of days

Customer:

can express health services run that test

Dr Brims :

Yes, they can

Customer:

You took a lot of weight off my shoulders with the test available. I appr

Customer:

oops

Customer:

I am very appreciative and now know what to do

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

I am happy I could help

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future, you may request me by starting the question with "Dr Brims"

Customer:

This resolves my need for help with answers

Customer:

I will definitely do that. I did not know that was an option

Dr Brims :

Yes, it is an option

Customer:

Dr. Brims, thank you for your time.

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Customer:

I will now rate, save and exit

Dr Brims :

Thank you

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience