Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had stomach problems ugh from belly to side gas gas

I have had stomach problems ugh from belly to side gas gas gas constipation, had endoscopy fine colonscopy fine tongue coated white no kidney stones sometimes pain goes to back and groin bloating making life miserable
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

DR HASAN :

Hi

DR HASAN :

Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Customer:

hello

DR HASAN :

Are they thinking on the line of IBS?

Customer:

yes I take Prilosec not helping

Customer:

never been told about ibs

DR HASAN :

Since how long you have these symptoms?

Customer:

I go through waves periods Iam fine then periods well all hell breaks loose I have had these symptons for two months

Customer:

sometims my belly looks like iam pregnant!!!!! no iam not

Customer:

I do suffer from anxiety

Customer:

I ahd a cat scan done they said the lining of the wall thiknening of transverse colon?

Customer:

appendix not visualized

DR HASAN :

ok

DR HASAN :

You mean that there are times when you are perfectly normal?

Customer:

yes

DR HASAN :

Any diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, nausea, blood or mucus in stool?

Customer:

excuse my typing .... I am upset I feel I can not get help

DR HASAN :

Please don't worry, i am here to help you.

Customer:

constipation, a little nausea no blood I get diarrhea when I finally do go and feel sick

Customer:

I hope you can please

Customer:

a lot of burping

DR HASAN :

From where exactly the pain starts?

DR HASAN :

just below rib cage?

Customer:

under my right side breat bone goes to belly button to side hip and groin and my back

Customer:

breath is horrible

Customer:

lower abdominal pain at times

DR HASAN :

Is this burning pain?

DR HASAN :

Any acid taste in mouth?

Customer:

sometimes yes

DR HASAN :

If you have stomach problem, why they have not done upper GI endoscopy?

Customer:

belly button itching then pain goes to hip and back and you can actually hear gas or stomach it's embarasssing

Customer:

I did said it was ok

DR HASAN :

You mean that they did upper GI endoscopy?

Customer:

had colonoscopy as well ok

DR HASAN :

So have they given any diagnosis?

Customer:

I get afraid to eat

Customer:

im am so upset I feel I cant enjoy my life at all right now

DR HASAN :

have they checked you for H pylori?

Customer:

what is that?

DR HASAN :

yes you are right but don't worry you are going to be ok.

DR HASAN :

H pylori is bacteria that causes stomach problems and bad breath as well.

Customer:

iam a concert violinist and have been unable to perform

Customer:

how do they ck for that?

Customer:

I had my bowels checked for 3 different times no cdif no parasites

Customer:

I take at times Ativan just to calm my stomach down

Customer:

what does it mean to have wall thickening of the transverse colon?

DR HASAN :

This itself doesn't mean anything, only biopsy from that site can tell us that it's normal or has a disease process behind.

Customer:

then it says consider colitis?

DR HASAN :

Yes that is what i am considering.

DR HASAN :

Have they taken biopsy?

Customer:

what route should I take and questions to propose to the dr

DR HASAN :

Thanks a lot for your input. First of all i am really sorry to hear about your problem. I have few suggestions for you.

DR HASAN :

The tests done so far are perfect.

Customer:

when he did endoscopy and said it was ok

DR HASAN :

They should consider irritable bowel syndrome.

Customer:

but a year ago he said I had some metaplasia? but this year it wasn 't there?

DR HASAN :

It's a disease in which there is bloatment, abdominal pain, sometime diarrhea, sometime constipation etc but all tests come out to be normal.

DR HASAN :

So far this is what your case is showing.

Customer:

oh I see May I assume stress is a factor?

DR HASAN :

However they should get your H pylori testing done also.

Customer:

I also had a total thyroidectomy from cancer years ago

Customer:

im writing this down

DR HASAN :

Abdominal pain in not being caused by H pylori but it can be a separate problem causing bad breath.

Customer:

gastritis

DR HASAN :

Yes stress and IBS go side by side.

Customer:

ugh

DR HASAN :

Gastritis alone cannot cause the pain you have.

DR HASAN :

There is no association of these symptoms to your thyroid cancer.

Customer:

I was performing with the new York philharmonic a solo swome months ago and the pain was so bad I stopped I felt I could not breath stomach everything hurt then I threw up pain went to my back I naturally attributed it to kidney stones they ckd and said no said my colon was swollen?

Customer:

what else can cause that kind of pain then?

DR HASAN :

Yes if they felt that your colon was swollen and if they are suspecting colitis then they should treat you with antibiotics.

DR HASAN :

Colitis can cause such pain.

Customer:

ugh

Customer:

I feel like at times my guts are being ripped out

DR HASAN :

yes it's because of the cramps.

Customer:

YES YES

DR HASAN :

You should get yourself treated for your stress and moreover should talk to doctor about this being colitis or IBS.

DR HASAN :

Because first thing you need is a diagnosis and you can move on according to that.

Customer:

SO I see the gastro wed I wrote your suggestions and thank you so much I just ned to know this is something that can be treated and controlled?

Customer:

Crohns disease or ;celiac?

DR HASAN :

No crohn's or celiac are not likely. You are most welcome. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer:

wish I could see you instead lol

DR HASAN :

I wish too.

DR HASAN :

but don't worry we will be in touch here.

DR HASAN :

:)

Customer:

I get scared im going to die but this is perhaps one of my issues with anxiety that has probited me from perming right now, I am to go to Paris in Aug and Iam hopin gto feel better

DR HASAN :

Just relax, you are not going to die. Rather you are going to be ok soon. I assure you :)

DR HASAN :

Please don't stress yourself.

Customer:

thank you dr hasan be blessed!!!!

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery