Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

i have a painless grinding sensation in my right rib area whenever

i have a painless grinding sensation in my right rib area whenever i breathe, no matter what position. I have asthma slightly, as well as gerd, and i went to the er two days ago. My x-rays were normal, the doctor said i may have hyperextended something or my acid reflux may have seeped into my lungs or something. its not painful, just annoying.

Associated neck stiffness?

Are you taking any medications?

Bloating and flatulence?

Heaviness under the rib cage in right side?

Stress and anxiety?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the only i am experiencing is stress and anxiety and back pain(muscle related from poor weight lifting form)

the grinding has been going on for about a week. i originally saw the doctor because i could not get a full breath , which he associated with asthma and the back pain. but then the grinding started. no heavieness or bloating though.

Thanks for providing more information.

I understand your worry.

And this grinding sensation in ribcage can be associated with muscle spasm and irritation of nerves supplying it.

It can be aggravated due to Asthma.

You should do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment on affected area.

And do deep breathing exercises.

Also maintain a proper posture while sitting.

If you have persistent pain in back & this unusual sensation then it's good to consult an Orthopedist for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.