Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

Two nights ago i went to the ER because i got out of the shower

Two nights ago i went to the ER because i got out of the shower and there appeared to be redness on my penis near the shaft, i do have alot of pubic hair down there and had sex the night before, i went straight to work early in the morning after sex and didnt shower for over 12 hours, the doctor at the ER said she didnt think it was herpes but she wanted to run some tests anyways just to be sure. the redness went down the next day but is not completely removed. i am worried it might be an std. i was wondering what is your opinion?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

How large was the red area?

Customer:

very small almost unoticeable

Dr Brims :

Please give me an area in cm or inches

Customer:

size of a pimpil maybe

Dr Brims :

Was it painful?

Customer:

no its not painful at all

Dr Brims :

Does it itch?

Customer:

no, no itch

Dr Brims :

Okay, then it is unlikely an STD, possible just skin irritation

Customer:

would a picture help?

Dr Brims :

It would likely help

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

i might have formatted the size wrong

Dr Brims :

I can see it

Dr Brims :

It does not look like an STD

Customer:

what do you think it is?

Dr Brims :

I think it is skin irritation (dermatitis)

Customer:

im getting a test done on it i am just very nervous

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

do you think its from sex, or maybe sweat because i do have jock itch by my groin behind my balls

Dr Brims :

It is likely from sweat

Customer:

okay

Customer:

it doesnt hurt to take that medicine, tho in the case that its not?

Dr Brims :

No, it doesn't hurt to take medicine if it has been prescribed

Customer:

okay

Dr Brims :

Is there anything else you would like to ask on this topic or anything I can help clarify for you?

Customer:

if it was an std would it have shown by now?

Dr Brims :

It would likely have shown by now if it was an STD

Customer:

okay thank you, XXXXX XXXXX follow up with my doctor. thank you for your advice/opinion

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience