Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Iv been givin modulert 200 to help me with my altering work

Iv been givin modulert 200 to help me with my altering work shifts, but it's tested positive in my urine for opium. Can this be tested in my saliva aswell which I no are only looking for THC, MDMA, modulert is an upper but from what I can gather opium is a pain killer,
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Dr. Phophalia and would assist you today.

This is called as false positive test. This is not likely to cause positive test in saliva. You may need to appeal the test where a different drug testing technology called as GC-MS test (gas chromatography-mass spectrometry). GC-MS drug test is like a finger print test for the drugs and would not give a false positive test as it identifies the exact drug molecule.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yeah I was just worried as if anything came up in my saliva test id lose my job. I was told not to worry about test but I took a 2 urine test and both came up positive for opium. Then I was confused as opium was a main ingredient in heroin. I shit myself. But the modulert was an upper and that it did. I had one tablet and it worked well. But with the saliva tests i no they test for THC and MDMA. I didn't wanna get in trouble with the modulert if any of that or the opium was goin to set anything of in the saliva test
Hello Ben,

As we discussed, a routine drug testing may give false positive test. In your case, saliva is not likely to come positive for THC and MDMA (with taking a prescription drug Modulert). So you must not worry. The routine drug testing if comes positive is confirmed by a GC-MS test, so there is always a provision of appeal, which detects the exact medication / drug. Nothing to worry here, in your case.

It is privilege assisting you.