Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I have Chlamydia, My Doctor has given me azithromycin, I took

I have Chlamydia, My Doctor has given me azithromycin, I took the four pills at a go and took another 2 by myself after 24 hours without Dr authorization, Its being 2 days now, I still see a white, cloudy or watery discharge (shown) from the tip of the penis.

What should i do ? how long does it take to be cured ? should I buy another set of azithromycin ? please let me know .

The usual dosage of azithromycin 1 g orally in a single dose.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has recommended abstaining from sexual activity for 7 days after completing treatment for uncomplicated chlamydia infection.

If you have taken 4 tablets of 250mg in a single dose than the infection should resolve.

One study showed a 97 percent cure rate for patients taking azithromycin for chlamydia.

Also your partners should also be treated at the same time with antibiotics so as to prevent the re- current infection.

I would advise you to wait for at least 1 week and see if your symptoms are cleared.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How long does it take before the symptoms show in a male ? 2) , what is the longest cure duration ? after taking the azithromycin in recent study ?

In most cases the symptoms clear in 7 days.

Maximum duration for cure is 2 weeks.

If the symptoms don't resolve by 2 weeks repeat testing may be indicated and a different antibiotic may be prescribed.

But this is less likely possibility and 97% chances are that your infection will be cured by the azithromycin.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How long does it take before the symptoms show in a male ?

The window period for Chlamydia =2 to 6 weeks.

Window period is the time between first infection and when the test can reliably detect that infection.

The onset of symptoms typically occurs within 7 to 14 days after infection

with chlamydia.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here lies my problem, I have a Girlfriend a serious Girlfriend, we always had unprotected sex , for the past four years now. last time we had sex was May 7 and i recently slept with another girl unprotected sex 10 days ago before i started seeing the symptom 4 days after, and my Girlfriend recently complained of abdomen pain very often in the last 2 months now, and one day she told me , let use a condom, she doesn't see her period blood much for the past three month, just small blood, 5 month ago she has rashes on one side of her neck, not a normal rashes, could this mean she has it before ? because we've broke up 3 weeks ago.

Usually it is difficult to pinpoint the source of infection.

But chances of infection from the new partner are more likely especially if she has symptoms.

But in such a scenario all three of you should be treated with antibiotics.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its safe , or ok to Masturbate after 5 days of taking azithromycin?

Yes,it's safe to do masturbation after completing your Azithromycin.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Doc

You are most welcome.

Thanks dear.

Ask me any other health related question in future as well.