Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I jumped down from a chair and felt a "zap" in my calf. I

I jumped down from a chair and felt a "zap" in my calf. I looked at it a few minutes later and it's a decent sized area, about 2-3 inches and it looks like a blood vessel or vein may have popped? It is a little swollen, tender, and blueish in color. A have another smaller spot below it, above the ankle. Both spots are tender to the touch, but I wouldn't call it painful, more tender. Should I be concerned and is there anything I can do about it?
Hi--when did this happen and any swelling in the lower leg itself besides where the spot is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This happened a couple of hours ago and there is no swelling other than in the two spots. That swelling is minimal, more puffy I would say.

OK--just a vessel that popped inside the muscle and nothing serious. No real concern here but if you put ice on it for now and again in the morning it will reduced the swelling and the size of the bruise.