Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have had frequent urination problems for the past 5 mos.

Customer Question

I have had frequent urination problems for the past 5 mos. ( going anywhere from 14 to 27 times a day) I feel like my bladder is being constricted on the left side. I have an 8mm ovarian cyst on that side which is causing a lot of pain which radiates all the way down my left leg..in the past week my left ankle has become swollen as well. I have been put through the ringer with tests, blood work comes back fine, urine sample comes back clean, metobolic panel comes back in range. I have had a hystorectomy do to adenomyosis. I have also had a history of endometriosis. All the Dr I have seen are stumped if all my symptoms can be related. Any suggestions.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 3 years ago.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!!
Anthony Bray MD : You might be having bladder spasms as a possible cause--- set rusher muscle instability would be a possible cause of this --- clue to this would be frequent and urgent urination and possibly some episodes of incontinence... If this wee the problem then you may benefit from Detrol, Toviaz, Ditropan, or similar medication...
Anthony Bray MD : These work to decrease bladder spasms....
Anthony Bray MD : if you have a high volume of urination and frequent thirst then diabetes should be ruled out as a possible cause ... Also a condition called diabetes insipidus ( this is different than diabetes as people usually think of it This condition is not related to blood sugar but rather is a kidney disorder causing a high volume dilute urine to be the case) diabetes insipidus would need medical evaluation and treaent ( both blood and urine tests for this...)
Anthony Bray MD : Your urologist may need to do some special testing if not already done >>> hemodynamics of the bladder and possibly need a cystoscopy --- this latter test would identify certain problems such as interstitial cystitis which causes irritation of the inner bladders...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope that this helps! Let me know if you have further questions! I will be happy to get back with you !
Anthony Bray MD : iIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated! Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
JACUSTOMER-6dqmsm63- :

you did not read my question....I have had all the testing done which would involve blood and urine...the question was could this all be related to a ovarian cyst.

Anthony Bray MD :

I did not know WHICH tests that you had done >> I commented that you MAY have had these tests done !! No it is not related to an ovarian cyst !!