Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

is there any other way to catch tichomoniasis other than through

is there any other way to catch tichomoniasis other than through intercourse? and could this std lay dormant inthe female or male for a period of time without any symptoms?

Trichomoniasis is usually passed sexually.

The parasite is usually spread by having unprotected sex.

But it may be picked up from contact with damp or moist objects such as towels, wet clothing, or a toilet seat, if the genital area gets in contact with these damp or moist objects.

Non-sexual transmission of trichomonas is possible however very rarely.

Also many a times males are carrying this infection but are asymptomatic(without any symptom).

Women can acquire the disease from infected men or women, whereas men usually contract it only from infected women.

Although it can also lie dormant for a period of time before causing an infection.

Some males may never present with any symptoms,so there is no fixed time period for males to show any signs and symptoms of this infection.
But if a person has infection then both partners should be treated at same time.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.