Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I need help trying to decide wether to be seen for the pain

I need help trying to decide wether to be seen for the pain that i have in my right side and back?

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

When did it start?

Customer:

It started yesterday evening about 11:30

Dr Brims :

Is it cosntant?

Customer:

yes, it eased off a little about the middle of the day, but i could still tell it was there. But since I have been home, it has gotten worse. It is really worse when i am up moving around.

Dr Brims :

How bad is it on a scale of 1-10?

Customer:

when i"m sitting, it is about a 3. when i"m up moving around about a 6 or 7. last night while i was in the bed, it was about a 7 or 8. if i laid on my right side, it didn't hurt as bad, but of laid on my left side, that made it worse. also it was sharper every time i took a breath. I've tried to bend over and stretch to relieve it, but that doesn't relieve it. it doesn't feel like muscle pain. it feels deep and sharp.

Dr Brims :

Does any thing make it better?

Customer:

The only thing I have tried has been to take some Mobic this morning and I think that may have relieved it some or dulled it a little, but it has not completely gone away. I havent taken anything else cause i didnt feel like the Mobic made a whole lot of difference.

Dr Brims :

Do you have any change in urinary or bowel habits?

Any fevers or chills?

Customer:

No change in urinary or bowel habits and no fever or chills.

Dr Brims :

Any redness or swelling?

Customer:

No

Dr Brims :

Okay, this may be due to a kidney stone, or it may be a cyst in your kidney

Dr Brims :

It may also be an inflamed diverticulum

Dr Brims :

I think you should have it evaluated

Customer:

Do you think I need to go to the ER or would I be ok to work tomorrow and be seen at a walk in clinic on saturday?

Dr Brims :

If the pain is worsening then you should go to an ER, if it stays constant then you may wait until tomorrow

Customer:

what is an inflamed diverticulum?

Dr Brims :

divericulitis, it is an area in your colon where there is an outpouching that becomes inflamed

Customer:

ok. Thank you so very much. I really appreciate your time!

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future, you may request me by starting the question with "Dr Brims"

Customer:

Ok Great! Thanks so much!

Dr Brims :

You're welcome