Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Left arm getting hot flashes Im, 53 going through menopause

Left arm getting hot flashes I'm, 53 going through menopause for 2.5 years now. Just weird that I have this burning sensation high in my arm comes and goes

Anthony Bray MD : Hello !!
Customer: Hello
Anthony Bray MD : If you have an area on the arm with a recurrent burning sensation then this sounds more likely related to a nerve irritation rather than due to menopause .....
Customer: Ok, what kind of nerve irritation?
Anthony Bray MD : It sounds more like a paresthesia ( = abnormal sensation) which may relate to irritation of a nerve -- commonly this may be due to irritation of a nerve root in the neck or a portion of the brachial plexus( this interweaving web of nerves goes from the neck- under to collar bone - to the shoulder--- this structure breaks up into the main nerves that supply the arm ....
Customer: Also had my last two toes on the left side real painful that lasted about 2 weeks, does this go with this?
Anthony Bray MD : The cervical nerves are the most common culprit... The c- spine may have degenerative disk disease or arthric changes such as bone spurs that may cause this ---
Anthony Bray MD : The toes feeling that way sounds most likely due to separate problem.... Cervical stenosis of the spinal cord at the neck area could conceivably cause both...
Anthony Bray MD : I really more suspect that your toe pain was due to a separate but similar type problem... This sounds very focal such as a lower nerve irritation in the foot in that caused the toe pain...
Customer: i also have Lupus.
Anthony Bray MD : I hope that this helps! Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you!!
Anthony Bray MD : Lupus could have potential to have peripheral neuropathy consequences within the range of this disease but I think that the burning in the arm is very focal in nature and not related to the Lupus
Anthony Bray MD : If you have further questions or discussion then let me know and I will be happy to get back with you!!
Customer: ok, sounds good. Thank you
Anthony Bray MD : If my answers at the conclusion have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback .. Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : you are very welcome!! Take care!!
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD