Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi, I have noticed some spots or pimples on my penis, they

Hi, I have noticed some spots or pimples on my penis, they appear at the base of the shaft and where the shaft joins the testicles. They don't look like warts, they are tiny about the size of a pin head. They appear to be almost shiny and under a torch some of them almost appear as as if they have something white inside them, perhaps fluid. They do not itch, hurt, nor do they appear to be multiplying or getting bigger. I do shave down there occasionally and that's when I noticed them. Could they be ingrown hairs? I did have unprotected sex a few weeks back, but I am sure she didn't have anything as she is a close friend, and I saw nothing of the sort present on her vagina, she has mentioned no signs of having caught anything.What can these pimples be? Should I be worried? I have pictures ready but can't see how to upload them.

Thanks for your time
Hi--if you can't upload the photos here using the paper clip icon, post them on Snapfish, Imageshack, or Phtotbucket and give me the link
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX in the link...

OK--these look like one of two things. Folliculitis--hair shaft infection is one. The other would be molluscum contagiosa which is a viral wart-like infection. Neither of these is an STD and the folliculitis can be treated with topical antibiotic ointment or oral antibiotics. The molluscum usually is self-limiting--it resolves over time--but there isn't any specific treatment for it. To be sure about what exactly it is you should have a doctor take a look but again these don't look like any STD like herpes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Dr Chip. If it turns out to be Molluscum Contagium, can something like Podofilox lotion be dabbed on to get rid of these quicker? As I have read that Molluscum Contagium, like warts, can take a long time to clear

Podofilox is only specific for condyloma--genital warts--and it won't work on molluscum unfortunately. It can sometimes take molluscum two or more months to clear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help!

My pleasure--any time