Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

Inadvertent contact with (touched / grabbed / attempted to

Inadvertent contact with (touched / grabbed / attempted to pick up) an animal carcass. Dead animal (feral cat) had crawled into my boat and died in the bilge area. I stuck my hand in there to put the plug in and was surprised that it was blocked by something. I poked around and finally came up with (what I realized later) was the cats leg. It was early and dark, so I just stuck the plug in the outside and launched. Found out much later that day it was actually a dead cat. It is possible that my bare hand came in contact with both the dead cat and my mouth at some point thereafter. My symptoms are diarrhea and fatigue and have been going on for 4 or 5 days no with over the counter anti-diarrhea medication not having much if any effect.

Associated nausea,vomiting?

Pain abdomen?

How many episodes of diarrhea per day?

Which medicine are you taking?

Blood in stool?

Any other medical illness?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At this point no vomiting or nausea. Abdominal pain is mild (for the most part); yesterday 6 episodes, 2 so far today (it's 7AM). Imodium AD (1) after each episode, but no more than 4 in 24 hours. Fever, slight at best but nothing really noticeable. Blood is bright red and I am guessing from a hemorrhoid or having to wipe so much. Other medical? CAD, High Blood Pressure, High Triglycerides.

Thanks for providing more information.

If you have contracted diarrhea after that incident(direct contact with dead cat) then it may be possible that you have contracted Gastroenteritis.

And if you have bloody diarrhea then a clinical exam by your primary doctor should be considered to rule out other potential differential diagnosis like Intestinal parasitic infection,Bacterial Gastroenteritis,Colitis,Inflammatory bowel disease.

Imodium should be avoided in case of bloody diarrhea.

Excessive wiping can cause anal fissure(tear in lining of anus) resulting in bleeding.

So consult your doctor for further management.

For fever and pain abdomen you should take OTC Motrin.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of water and Oral rehydration solution.

Persistent bleeding can cause anemia,fatigue,lethargy.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Saw PCD. Bacterial. RX'd Ciprofloxacin and Metroidazole. Symptoms have improved. And yes I did give you a "Good Service" rating.

Thanks for the nice feedback.