Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I started feel left chest discomfort at about 10 pm last night,and

I started feel left chest discomfort at about 10 pm last night,and it feels like some one put a giant stone on my chest, these days I am not having enough sleep and feels tired. I can always feel that pressure all the time since yesterday unless I am in sleep, I am 22 years old. should I schedule a meeting with doctor? Will I have a heart disease like myocardial infarction? or heart attack? now all my attention is on my chest I can not focus on doing anything else please help me get advise.

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

Yes you should be evaluated by your doctor for this pain in your chest...

Anthony Bray MD :

At your age the most feared culprit of coronary artery disease should not be present... some other cause is probably at the root of the problem in your case...

Anthony Bray MD :

It could potentially be heart related via a different mechanism such as spasms of coronary vessels as one possible cause > this is referred to as Prinzmetal's angina...

Anthony Bray MD :

Spasm of the esophagus due to irritation such as with esphagitis is a possible cause...

Customer:

thank you for your advise

Anthony Bray MD :

Bronchospasm of large airways is a potential cause of the feeling as another possibility... this could be related to asthma in this case...

Anthony Bray MD :

You are very welcome...

Anthony Bray MD :

The main point is that you should be checked adn the cause determined if possible,,,

Anthony Bray MD :

At your age it is much less likely to be heart caused but even here there are scenarios to be considered such as Prinzmetals"s angina...

Anthony Bray MD :

A careful evaluation will probably be followed by a trial of treatment by your doctor...

Customer:

ok I think I will definitely go to see my doctor tomorrow that sounds serious good night