Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

Hello I have been a person who has had mild digestional issues

I have been a person who has had mild digestional issues for years (close to 20 now). As i get old (I am 36 now) my issues have gotten worse. On Sunday, my family went our for dinner and about 45 minutes after I ate, I began to experience some pain on the right side of my rib cage. The pain was below my pectoral muscle but still in my rib cage. I was driving when I first felt the pain so I thought that maybe it was from the way I was sitting in the vehicle. I would change positions and the pain would go away for a little while and then return. The pain seemed like it was on the surface of my rib cage as well. The pain was not steady. The pain was never down into my stomach, it was in my rib cage.
I had a similar problem back in September so the Dr. ordered an ultrasound of my gallbladder and the results came back negative. Could this be my gallbladder?
Thanks for your time and response.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Associated nausea,vomiting?

Neck stiffness?

Pain radiating to back?

Do you still have pain in right side of upper abdomen now?

Shortness of breath,cough?

Alcohol and smoking?

Any other medical history?

Are you taking any medications?

Stress and anxiety issues?

Frequent urination?

Burning sensation and pain during urination?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No nausea or vomiting

No neck stiffness

Some pain in my back but if I change the position, it goes away.

I have had a problem with heartburn. I have eliminated some things in my diet and that has made it go away for now.

No pain now. Only some aches and pains from doing more strenuous work yesterday.

No shortness of breath or coughing.

I do not smoke and only drink a beer or two ocasionally.

I have slighly high blood pressure so I take a low dose medicine for that.

I have had a larger amount of stress during the month of May, but that is on its way down now.

No frequent urination and no pain while I urinate.

Thanks for providing more information.

Firstly i want to assure you that your symptoms are not related to gallbladder disease and most possible cause may include Muscloskeletal pain which results in pain under the rib cage at certain positions due to poor posture and muscular overexertion.

You should do gentle massage with muscle relaxant and apply warm compresses with a heating pad on affected area.

You should avoid strenuous activities for a while.

And take proper rest.

You can also take OTC Tylenol if you feel pain now.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

I appreciate your dietary modifications which relieve your heartburn.

In case you feel heartburn,indigestion you should take OTC Prilosec and Metamucil.

Also eat fibre rich diet.

Whenever you eat outside,you should prefer low fat diet and also avoid caffeinated,carbonated beverages,alcohol.

If pain'll persist or get worse over the time then consult your regular doctor for further evaluation and management.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.