Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My sister is 58years old. Her problem is that she has severe

My sister is 58years old. Her problem is that she has severe pains before and after stooling. She also suffers from shortage of blood. The doctors say it is not pile and are actually by my estimation not able to give accurate diagnosis.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Since how long she has this?

Does she pass any blood with stool?

Does that pain feels like a current?

Which specialist she has seen?

Which tests have been done so far?

Regards

Sunny please mention the exact site of pain also. Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Inside the walls of the anus. That region feels stiff.

Thanks for your input. Can you please send short replies to rest of my questions? If possible please .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not understand your reply
Sunny
I need to know that;

Since how long she has this?
Does she pass any blood with stool?
Does that pain feels like a current?
Which specialist she has seen?
Which tests have been done so far?
Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ten (10) months
No, she does not
Yes
General surgeon
General widal test, abdominal ultrasound scan, HB, urinalysis

Sunny thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your sister's pain. There can be many causes for her problem. Doctor has ruled out piles so we will not discuss that. It can be an anal fissure, can be irritable bowel syndrome, rectal ulcer (least likely) or nerve related pain as one can get in pudendal neuralgia. Out of these i guess anal fissure must have been ruled out, ulcer should be ruled out by colonoscopy. If everything is fine then neuralgic pain is more likely.
I have few suggestions for her.
1. She should see a colorectal surgeon.
2. She should get a proctoscopy and colonoscopy.
3. She should get MRI scan of the pelvis also.
Only after these investigations one can reach the diagnosis. If it comes out to be pudendal neuralgia, it can be controlled with anti inflammatory tablets but sometime nerve block injections and anti depressants are required. Anti depressants are known to help with such pains. If stool test has been done and it is not showing any blood loss then she should be checked for any bone marrow problem. But above investigations are necessary because what is done so far is not sufficient to get to the cause. I wish her all the best. I have tried to address your concerns but please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.