Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Hi, I have a prescription for 20mg of methadone every 8 hours

Hi, I have a prescription for 20mg of methadone every 8 hours and my script ran out I was not responsible and missed my last doctors appointment as I am in another state taking care of my grandmother who had a stroke...So what can I do would the ER be able to help for a few days? I went to a doc in the box and he said I want to help you but I cannot give that kind of med out of this place.
Thank you for your question:

Why are you taking the methadone? Is this for pain or addition?

Do you have a contract with your physician about getting prescriptions from more than one physician?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I take for disc problems and a shoulder problem I do have a narcotic agreement but I can get another script as long as I make him aware of what I have done as I am sure he would understand I didn't run out early I just ran out

While an ER physician could legally prescribe this medication for chronic pain, the reality is the most ER physicians would be very reluctant to prescribe this medication.

Unfortunately, I don't believe you have any real option other than the emergency room. Hopefully, the physician would be willing to contact your personal physician to verify your use of this medication.