Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Hi, I have a lump on the inside of my vaginal lips. I had one

Customer Question

Hi, I have a lump on the inside of my vaginal lips. I had one of these before but they told me it was something like a pimple. This one does not have a white head like the other one is just a pink lump. There is only one, it is hard and a little painful. I haven't had sex in over a week and I always use condoms, and I haven't had a new sexual partner in almost a year. I just got a vaccination for HPV two days ago. If I already had HPV and didnt know it would it trigger an outbreak? Or is this something else?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 3 years ago.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : First of all the HPV shot is not related to the lump that you describe..
Anthony Bray MD : What you describe as a lump on a vaginal lip is probably a Bartholin cyst. This occurs when a gland becomes blocked...
Anthony Bray MD : if it continues to bother you then I would recommend that you see your doctor or gynecologist to evaluate the lump.
Anthony Bray MD : iIf this is due to a Bartholin cyst then it may need treatment.
Anthony Bray MD : This is not an STD problem however so relax as far as that goes ...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
JACUSTOMER-7fxinuzx- :

Thank you!!

Anthony Bray MD : if my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated. Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD