Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My urine is still cloudy and stinks

Customer Question

My urine is still cloudy and stinks
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : How many days have you been on the Macrobid now??
Customer: Started it on Wednesday
Anthony Bray MD : it takes typically 2 - 3 days for improvement with this so perhaps it hasn't had enough time to treat the UTI but it doesn't exactly sound encouraging at all so far -- I would agree...
Anthony Bray MD : How are you feeling in general? Is your BP doing OK ??
Anthony Bray MD : How are you feeling as far as your diarrhea and the abdominal pain??
Customer: My bp is 90s over 60s. I feel mostly back to normal
Anthony Bray MD : Ok well that aspect of things sounds encouraging....
Customer: Diarrhea is gone. I have some lower abdominal pain
Anthony Bray MD : I hope the UTI settles down for you too... If not improved by Tuesday then you may need further follow up on this too... Drink plenty of fluids and that will help... Cranberry juice or vitamin C supplements may help UTI but your ulcers might not tolerate these acidic options so well....
Anthony Bray MD : I hope that your stomach is doing better...
Customer: The biopsy of my ulcers just showed inflammation
Anthony Bray MD : So from weds I would typically expect some pattern of improvement by now but I would favor giving the antibiotic over five days to really judge it's effectiveness and switching ( except in the event of growing symptoms of pyelonephritis which I would consider inadequate for this type infection in general...)
Anthony Bray MD : I hope that your ulcers are on the road to improvement then... If you are getting nutrition in and rest and avoid irritants then these should heal well... Your age is in your favor in this regard...
Customer: I am eating fine
Anthony Bray MD : Excellent--- that was an issue a while back---- I'm glad you are doing better in this regard--- overall I think you are finding your way back to good health... You have had these multiple challenges in recent moths however! If your stomach tolerates it well then you could try vitamin C 500mg once or twice a day and this would help in reducing the favorabilty of the urinary tract for bacteria as well... Useful as prevention or as an adjunct to treatment of UTI
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this helps--- let me know if you have further questions--- best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
Customer: How can i get rid of a keloid
Anthony Bray MD : You can consult a dermatologist on the keloid. It may be removed but the nature if your healing may still lead to excess scarring possible.
Customer: Is there anything i can do without seeing my dermatologist
Customer: ?
Anthony Bray MD : No not really....a keloid is basically an overly developed scar. I think that consulting a dermatologist would be your best bet in treating that problem.Good luck with handling that issue ....Take Care
Customer: Have you heard of tea tree oil helping? Its just a little keloid by my nose piercing
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you heard of tea tree oil helping? Its just a little keloid by my nose piercing
Hello again ,

No I am not familiar with tea tree oil for keloids...IDK on that one... Best regards ,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had some milk products and now my stomach is really upset
Hello again,

So do you have lactose intolerance ? That sounds like either this or a milk allergy is what you seem to be troubled by. If lactose intolerance then Lactaid would help . If you have allergy then avoidance is key ...

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I usually avoid milk products. They tend to hurt my stomach. But i had some icecream. I dont have lactaid at home
Hello again,

I see.... Well try to remember to keep some with you ! That will help you stay out of trouble in the future.

Take care!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you angry with me
No !! I am not angry with you! I haven't felt that I could be of much help with the last two issues with the lactose intolerance or the keloids. I am happy to help as much as I can but those last two issues I have not had that much to say... That's all!

Take care!!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are some symptoms of low vitamin d?
Hello !

Low vitamin D is not usually that symptomatic. It is important for your calcium absorption and metabolism and thus for maintaining the strength of your bones over time. It is important to maintain good levels of vitamin D and calcium but it is not such that you would expect to feel different when the vitamin D is low. Vitamin D 3 supplement of 800IU/ day is recommended. Getting 15 minutes per day of sunlight to arms and legs also seeves to convert vitamin D to its most active form.

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 months ago my vitamin d was 11. So i started taking 50000 units twice weekly. My dr thunks i wi have to take 50000 units weekly forever
Hello again,

Ok those amounts sound like you have been prescribed vitamin d2 the dose of vitamin D2 is higher since this form must be converted to the more active D3 in the body. You can always get your level checked again down the road ...

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just dont know why id have to take it forever
Hello again,

I think it would be an over- reach to say that you have to take it lifelong ... That may not be the case. Getting a healthy amount in by diet, supplement and some sunshine on the skin should be your plan however... I more often recommend the supplement of OTC vitamin D3 daily at 800IU/day but the Rx for vitamin D2 is just as legitimate.

Your lactose intolerance may play into this deficiency as often milk is fortified with vitamin D...

I hope this I'd helpful for you. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont do the whole sunshine thing since im a redhead. Maybe i will ask my dr to recheck my vit d level
Hello again,

I see... Yes with your fair skin you have to be careful with the sun. That's true. You may have an ongoing benefit from some vitamin D supplementation. It is not set as to how much you may need for the rest of your life at this point in time however !! I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you.

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you really think its necessary to get rescoped to check the ulcers
Hello again,

It is customary to check on ulcers such as those you were diagnosed with to make sure that they are healing. I think the initial endoscopy that diagnosed the problem so that you would be on the right treatment was more important than the follow up however.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions! Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 3 this morning my sister broughtcme tylenol cuz i asked her to. About 10 minutes after taking it mybstomach started to feel like it was on fire and still
Feels that way. Turns out my sister actually gavexme 2 Excedrine which contains Aspirin.
Hello again,

Yikes-- yes the aspirin would be the worst for a person with active ulcers. You are right that Tylenol would be ok for the stomach though. You would benefit with the current stomach pain to be prescribed a GI cocktail if your doctor were willing to do this for you... ( Mylanta plus some viscous lidocaine )

I hope this helps. I hope that you feel better soon! Take care!!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have some from jan. is it still ok to use
Hello again,

Viscous lidocaine or GI cocktail should still be ok -- yes. Best if it has been refrigerated and protected from light though ...

I hope that it helps ! I hope that you feel better from this soon. Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of idiot doesnt make sure what med they are given? Especially with my history
Hello again,

Well your sister may have not realized that the Excedriin was bad for your stomach. She probably thought that it was esentially the same as Tylenol. You probably asked for Tylenol and presumed that this was what you brought. It is easy to see how this scenario probably came about. Don't kick yourself about it though--that won't solve anything...

Take care!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My stomach WAS feeling better but now i feel miserable
Hello again,

Well hang in there. It is a setback but will heal. Using the GI cocktail will help right away with the pain. The continued MEDS for your stomach will help it to heal with time.

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When will it feel better
Hello again,

Well the GI cocktail should help right away. Otherwise I would estimate a few days to feel improvement. I think that your ulcers are probably at a sensitive stage.

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do i need to let my gi dr know
Well it sounds that you already are on max treatment and have follow up with your GI doctor , right? I doubt that there is much to do right now beyond what you are doing... Perhaps a fresh prescription for viscous lidocaine may be helpful for you though. It certainly won't hurt to notify his office of the trouble that you have had...

I hope this helps! Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no appts to see my gi dr
Hello -- ok well I thought that you probably did since you had asked about the necessity of a follow up endoscopy ... It would be a good idea to have a follow up visit at about six weeks of treatment I think.. The ulcers are usually mostly healed by that length of treatment...

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions !

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well i have a follow up scope on july 15th
OK -- well that would seem to count as follow up with your GI doctor -- I would think a follow up to discuss your results shortly after the endoscopy would be the normal course...

Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I woulda thought that after this last scipe hed want to see me
Hello again, yes I would agree! He did not see you following the endoscopy? I thought he was the one treating you for your ulcers?? Didn't he discuss treatment and diet with you?? I hope so... That should have been the case I think ---

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he did not. He gave my family members the change of medication. And thats all
Hello again,

I see... Well he is operating then through your primary care doctor but still I think it would be more usually the case that the GI specialist would take over that aspect of your care. It seems too disconnected between you and the GI specialist the way it's handled...

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not making it up.
Oh I believe you! I've seen that sort of mode if operation ... It just should not be the way that your care is handled though ... I think that your GI specialist should be more hands on treatment for you and see you and discuss things with you in office...

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im frustrated with it all. Im frustrated woth my drs and im frustrated with all the meds i have to take
Hello again,

Well don't be so frustrated with taking MEDS ... Not too long ago you would not have had their benefit!! So be thankful for the MEDS ... It may be frustrating that they don't work faster such as in treating your ulcers...

I agree that you have right to be frustrated with some of your medical treatment though... I agree very much with that... Try to hang in there though .

I hope things get better for you. Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And to top this crappy day off my dad triec to kill himself. All of this stress is not helping my ulcers
Hello again,

I'm sorry--- I hope that he improves--- I'm sorry to hear that you have such a stressful situation on you at this time. I hope that your Dad gets good care and that his distress de-escalates. I hope that you can find more peaceful times ahead.

Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BP is good 105/64. But pulse is 109
Hello again,

The pulse elevation is a bit concerning. It could be due to anemia if your ulcers have been bleeding... Other causes are certainly possible ...do you feel light headed ?? I would continue to monitor your pulse and BP as well as your symptoms. Talk to your doctors office -- they may want to see you depending on how you do over the next couple of hours....

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions .

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont feel lightheaded
Hello again,

It's good that you don 't feel light headed. Has the rapid pulse improved now ?

I hope that you are feeling better today. Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
89 bpm
Hi again,

Well that is better! Back to normal range so that's good---

Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im
Suppose to go to mayo on 6/20

Hello again,

You sound hesitant>> "supposed to go" ?? Does this mean that you may not go??

If you do go then I hope that it is helpful and productive for you>>

Let me know if you have further questions. Take Care,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have ti stay at Mayo for 3-5 days. I cant afford to take that much time off esp since i jusy had a week off. Idk what to do

Hello again,

I see.. well the main issue was the GI problems> right?? It seems that this issue is addressed now although you still have been having trouble.

Has the diarrhea cleared up and stayed away?? And also the low abdominal/ pelvic pain??

These would be important considerations as to keep or cancel or postpone your appointment as options...

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have anything further>> Take Care!!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My aunts cancer has gotten bigger
Hello!

I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm sorry that you have all this stress on you.

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes me so sad
Hi again,

I'm sure that it does. I'm sorry that that has happened...

Take Care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My pcp is making me frustrated. When he checked my vitamin d level 3 months ago he said hed recheck it in 3 months now hes saying 4 months
Hello again,

I'm sorry that he frustrates you so much. It does seem that there have been several issues of concern between you and your PCP... the vitamin D issue of 3 vs 4 moths seems minor to me though...not a significant difference in the time interval ...I understand your point in that he said one thing and does another though....

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We even had a conversation 2 weeka ago about it and he never mentioned 4 months
Hello again,

When is your next appointment? I would think that that would be appropriate time to have your blood checked for the Vitamin D level...

He may be recalculating his estimate in his head as to making sure that your level should be back to normal...

Take Care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have one scheduled. But right now i dont have any vitamin d
Hello again,

Well you can opt to take vitamin D3 800IU /day which is over the counter ..>>OR you could call his office to request refill of the Vitamin D2 prescription....

I hope this helps! Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said id probably be on 50,000 units once A week for life
Hello again,

Well that would be the Vitamin D2 option... ongoing treatment with that is one way to go. The daily dose of D3 is another valid way to get what you need.

I hope this is helpful. Take Care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pcp called back and i have to take calcium with d 2 tabs daily
Hello again,

OK well hopefully it will back into normal range when this is checked again in a few weeks time. Let me know>>

Take Care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My epigastric region still really hurts
Hi again,

Have you tried the Viscous Lidocaine (or GI cocktail)?? This would probably help if you have not already taken this. Continue your usual meds of course

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i tried the viscous lidocaine. Its not helping
HI again,

You might try a second dose. It probably didn't cover the sensitive area. Mix this with Mylanta if you have that...

Take further doses of the Carafate if this is still problem for you.

I hope that this helps. Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe im not spacing my meds out enough
Hi again,

Perhaps >> what are you taking and when ??

Let me know >> Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take carafate at 5am, 10am, 3pm, 8ish
Nexium at. 8 am. And 5 pm
Cholestyramine at 9 and 6
Hello again,

Those times look fine to me. Your meds appear well spaced...

Take Care >>

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would liquid carafate be better
Hello again,

Yes that would probably be a little better... I would agree...

Take Care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My stomache feels horrible

Hello ,

I'm sorry to hear that.. a lot of pain in the epigastric area?? You might try an extra dose of Carafate or Mylanta...

One of these may help you some.

Take Care,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its in the epigastric region and to the left of it

Hi again,

OK > that sounds consistent with your stomach as being the cause. It is probably pain from your ulcers. I hope that it improves soon for you. Perhaps you tried the added dose of Carafte or Mylanta as a possible help....

Take Care ,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doing a repeat ua monday. What cqn i do foe homesicknes
Hello !!

Homesickness ? What are your circumstances with this? Recent move?? Who do you miss?? Off hand I would say that it may be helped by a few phone calls perhaps to friends, family , lived ones... The calls to the right people may ease your sense of missing them and longing to be home... How far have you moved and for what amount of time??

I hope this helps. Let me know on those questions.. Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im thinking about when i go down to mayo
Hello again,

Oh OK -- well that should be only a brief time away. That should not be that big if a deal. What time you are away will go by fast. Try not to worry so much!

Take Care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant even srand to be away from home overnight b. i never have. When im away from
Home i cry myself to sleep. Yes i know its pathetic
Hello!

No it sounds more to me that you are affected emotionally by your current stressors... There has to be reason behind your feelings and dramatic sadness with separation... Try to keep telling yourself that you will be back so very soon that it is like blinking an eye in the whole scheme of things. You will be reunited back with your loved ones before you know it... I think that a concentrated strategy of self assurance would help you in this situation..

I hope this helps. Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i was in the hospital last summer for 3 days. And i cried every night And i cried whenever i talked to my family members
Hello again,

Well the stress of being in the hospital adds to the intense feelings I would say ( not exactly a happy vacation!) I think that on the whole it will be more reassuring to you to talk with loved ones even though these conversations may bring out strong feelings. It should help you emotionally to have the phone contact. This should tend to lessen your sense of separation. I hope this helps!

Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can 24 year d
Have seperation anxiety
Hello!

Well yes the same emotional factors are going to be essentially similar... We don't call it that so much as we tend to think of separation anxiety as part of child development. So we might call it an adjustment reaction as applied to your situation.. It is short term in nature and not needed to be medically treated generally...

I hope that this helps. Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know if i can go to mayo because of it
Hello again,

You can do it if you choose to. Think about what is the best course for taking care of your health and resolve yourself to do what you need to do !! It is up to you as to the course you take...

Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/94762849@N06/8916351507/

Hello !

I tried the above link but only reached a main page ???

What did this regard ??

Take care >> Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://whatcoulditbe.shutterfly.com/pictures/9
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?
Hello again,

Sorry -- I have been offline most if today.... I tried the last link you put in but I only got message that page not found...

Let me know what the content or purpose was..... And / or check link...

Let me know what you want here... Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just forget about it

Ok -- well sorry about that. I could not seem to reach either if those links however>>>
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sores in my mouth
Hello again,

Sores in the mouth are often "cold sores" this type due to HSV1 virus. If this then there are treatments helpful to help them resolve faster . A single high dose of Valtrex may be a good option you...

Aphthous ulcers is another type--- the exact cause if this type is unknown.

Either type may typically resolve on its own. Stress tens to contribute to either type.

So if it contours to bother you then you may benefit to see your doctor. If mild and short lived them this may not be necessary.

I hope this helps.... This thread is now slightly over 50 Q and A's so please start a new thread if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD