How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Brims Your Own Question
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9611
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Brims is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am asking about pain I get in my right arm fingers and

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am asking about pain I get in my right arm fingers and thumb and it goes to my right side chest and back. In 2002 I last had a seizure and at that time I had shrunk a bone on my spine that is about the middle upper part of the back. With this pain it has been happening early this morning at 2.30am I had Panadol but it only help for a short time and the pain would keep coming back and I would be restless and couldn't sleep.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

When did this start?

Customer: I did have same pain about a month ago when I had a cough it wasnt as bad as it is now. It started this morning at 2.30am I woke up with pain down my right arm and fingers and thumb and it went to my chest and back.
Dr Brims :

Is the pain constant?

Dr Brims :

Or does it come and go?

Customer: It comes and goes
Dr Brims :

Does anything make it better or worse?

Customer: Nothing makes it better but Panadol only ease some of the pain for a short time.
Dr Brims :

What makes it worse?

Customer: I can't lay on the right side and I am restless.
Dr Brims :

Any numbness or tingling?

Customer: Yes
Dr Brims :

Okay, is it present in all of your fingers?

Customer: In thumb, pointer finger, middle and ring finger.
Dr Brims :

Okay, I think you have something called carpal tunnel syndrome

Dr Brims :

It is compression of your nerve as it crosses your wrist

Dr Brims :

I think you need a test called a nerve conduction study

Dr Brims :

It can be treated with anti-inflammatory drugs and wrist splints if it is not serious

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer: Yes
Dr Brims :

Do you understand what I have said above?

Customer: Yes thank you
Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Dr Brims :

If you still have any questions on this topic feel free to ask

Dr Brims :

If you have questions in the future, you may request me by asking for "Dr Brims"

Customer: Ok thank you
Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session

Dr. Brims and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you