Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

I fooled around with a woman (no sex) but my penis head was

I fooled around with a woman (no sex) but my penis head was in her labia minora. 2 days later I developed a red "blister" on my meatus that secreted a clear liquid with I popped it. I continued to pop it like a zip and clear out the clear liquid and blood. It went away after 7-8 days. Then I had unprotected sex with her and it came back 2 days after sex in the same spot but bigger and it had the same symptoms. (Red and secreted a clear liquid when I popped it and sore after I popped it.) I've been squeezing it out and putting rubbing alcohol on it then neosporin. (ouch) Could this be herpes? Thank you for your time.

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

The incubation period for genital herpes is anywhere from 2-10 days. So, there is a possibility of you having contracted genital herpes from this episode. I would recommend that you stop popping/squeezing it as this will further spread and irritate the area and possibly cause a secondary infection. Best way to know for sure is to have a STD screening. Genital herpes tends to itch, sting and will be painful. Until you find out for sure, I would wear a condom every time you have sexual intercourse and let your partner know that you may have exposed them to genital herpes. Please reply back if I can help you further or answer any additional questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Adding this to see if this changes your diagnosis: Every time I pop it and squeeze the liquid/blood out and put Neosporin on the spot it goes down considerably. 9 days after the bigger "blister" it is almost gone. I did not have any STDs prior to this. And this has not itched but is sore only after popping it.

There's a remote possibility that you may have just an infected follicle, but I'm still leaning more towards something like genital herpes at this point. Allowing the fluild to be released from the blister-area or bump will subsequently allow the blister to reduce in size but that will not mean that if it does reduce that it's not herpes. I would still get the STD test just to be 100% sure. But do continue to keep the area clean with soap and rinsed well with water. You can also continue the Neosporin. But I wouldn't do alcohol or peroxide or anything like that because it is very irritating to the skin.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. Is there a way to get an STD test anonymously? I am very embarrassed by my lack of judgment.