Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I masturbate alot and recently when I am about to ejaculate

I masturbate alot and recently when I am about to ejaculate and ejaculate I get a buring feeling in the head of my penis that goes away right after I'm done but it doesn't burn when I urinate??
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear this

Dr Brims :

When did this start?

Customer:

about 2days ago

Dr Brims :

Have you had recent unprotected sex?

Customer:

but I only feel it after I ejaculate not urinate. yes but it ws oral and with someone i've been with for years

Dr Brims :

Okay, this may be due to a prostate infection, called prostatitis

Customer:

I'm very scared

Dr Brims :

It is treated with antibiotics

Customer:

when im actually masturbating I dont feel it it only happens when Im about to ejaculate and then it goes right away after I'm done

Customer:

what does it come from DR.?

Dr Brims :

It occurs when urine leaks into the prostate

Customer:

but what causes that to happen?

Customer:

does that mean I'll get prostate cancer?? I'm a nervous wreck and can't see my doctor til tuesday?

Dr Brims :

When you don't drink enough fluids or when you are stressed, this can occur

Dr Brims :

It does not have anything to do with prostate cancer

Customer:

so when I see my doctor should I mention this to him or just let him diagnosis me. should I still get STD screened ?

Customer:

is ok that i wait til tuesday or should I go to the emergency room?

Dr Brims :

It is okay to wait until Tuesday

Customer:

in the mean while should I increase my fluid intake? and cease masturbating?

Dr Brims :

Yes, to both

Customer:

ok it almost feels like soap has gotted lodged in the head of the penis but again the burning sensation stops right after Im done ejaculating..Iapologize Dr. Brims I'm just a nervous wreck right now .

Customer:

Thanks

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Customer:

I was just perplexed to why it only happesn after I ejaculated and ont when I pee what cause that though? is it commom in males?

Dr Brims :

Yes, it is common

Customer:

it's not bacterial

Dr Brims :

It may be bacterial

Customer:

from??/

Dr Brims :

From the urine

Customer:

oh ok but is it because the semen is thicker so when it apsses thru my urethra it cause the burning sensation?

Customer:

*passes

Customer:

because they both pass thru the ureathra correct?

Dr Brims :

It is because the semen may be infected , and both pass thru the urethra

Customer:

oh from the urine backing up into my prostate? but why doesn't it burn when i urinate then?

Dr Brims :

Likely because your urethra is not inflamed, and you don't have a urinary tract infection

Customer:

oh just the semen is contaminated and that's what bothers?burns me when I ejaculate so what is the medicine and how long will I have to take it before it goes away?

Dr Brims :

The medicine is Cipro , and it is taken for 2-4 weeks

Dr Brims :

Is there anything else you would like me to answer on this topic?

Dr Brims :

Hello?

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

Please respond if you can see my replies, I don't want to exit the chat session if you are still here

Customer:

yes I'm still heresrry was at work thanks so much

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Dr Brims :

Please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session

Customer:

should i not masturbate or have sex til then dr?

Dr Brims :

Yes, you should not have sex or masturbate until then

Customer:

Cool thanks so much I fel better and will see my Dr. on tuesday should i write back to let you know ?

Dr Brims :

Yes, you can contact me again and let me know

Customer:

will do

Dr Brims :

My name isXXXXX

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Customer:

ok

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience