Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),30yrs experience in practice
15267045

hello, back in febuary i woke up with a bliter like sore on

Customer Question

hello, back in febuary i woke up with a bliter like sore on penis, i waited three weeks and got tested for all stds they came back negative besides herpes 1 which i knew cause i get cold sores. the blister last for like 2-3 weeks and went away. i have been expericing burning and itching in my genital and anal areas for do not know what it could be. I have taken valacyoir cause i thoguht it would help but it didnt. also take koch itch cream but there is no rash. what could it be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JA. The blister on the penis and the burning and itching around the genitals and anal area would be secondary to a outbreak of the herpes infection. Blisters on the genitalia and burning /itching of the genitalia and perianal area are associated with herpetic outbreak which may be secondary to stress/physical illness or just a recurrence of the herpes due to other factors.It would help discussing the matter with your physician who can examine you and investigate/guide you further.Itching and burning of the perineum and genital area can occur without any rash or sores.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i tested negative to herpes-2 so i dont know why it would be that

Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.
The symptoms mentioned by you are typical of genital herpes,the blister and burning/itching of the genitals and perineum are symptoms of genital herpes outbreak. HSV-1 can also cause genital sores as HSV-1 cold sores are highly contagious and an be transmitted to other parts of the body by touching after touching a cold sore or oral sex with a person having a cold sore in the mouth or lips.The burning and itching of the affected area may occur with either strain in the infected area even with no skin lesions.