Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

Can a left sided varicocele be caused by a right sided renal

Can a left sided varicocele be caused by a right sided renal tumor?

Dr Brims : Hello, welcome to the site!I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
Dr Brims : A right sided renal tumor is unlikely to cause a left sided varicocele, but a left sided varicocele can still form from poor blood flow with the veins
Customer: Would it be more likely to cause a right sided varicocele? I had my left kidney removed
Customer: Im confused so a right sided varicocele could cause a left sided one but is highly unlikely also would it be more likely to form on the right side?
Dr Brims : Are you there?
Customer: yes I am
Dr Brims : It would be more likely to form on the right side with a right renal tumor
Dr Brims : varicoceles can form without renal tumors, that was my point
Dr Brims : So the left sided renal tumor is not likely from the right sided renal tumor
Customer: Oh ok Thank You. I have found no examples of right forming on left and left forming on right so I was trying to confirm.
Dr Brims : You're quite welcome
Dr Brims : If you have any other question in the future , you may request me by starting the question with "Dr Brims"
Dr Brims : If you have no other questions on this topic, please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session
Customer: Thank You Dr. Brims