Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

hello, I went to my Dr. yesterday and had some congestion and

Customer Question

hello, I went to my Dr. yesterday and had some congestion and so due to the weekend coming she gave me a z-pack and said at least I will have it if I need it, and now my husband has a cold and is coming home tonight from work, he works out of town, should I go ahead and take the antibiotic to prevent and further congestion?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.

Dr. R. Bora : Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.
Customer: hello
Dr. R. Bora : Do you have fever?
Customer: no
Dr. R. Bora : Alright, only congestion right?
Customer: right
Customer: I do have copd
Dr. R. Bora : You do not have to start taking the Z pak right away. Take menthol steam inhalation to clear the congestion.
Dr. R. Bora : If you develop any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke runny nose, breathing difficulty or fever, you can start taking the Z pak.
Customer: okay, I am taking Corosendin hbp for congestion and breathing treatments
Customer: I asked my Dr. if this Z pack was going to work since I have taken this so many times before, does it become less effetive
Customer: (effective)
Dr. R. Bora : Alright, if you are already on this medicine for a number of times, you could start with the Z pak now.
Dr. R. Bora : However, you can also add sudaphed OTC for the sinus congestion.
Customer: but does the Z-pak become less effective if taken too many times
Dr. R. Bora : Not really, if you complete the course of the medicine.
Customer: thank you
Dr. R. Bora : However, you may not respond to it , in which case you have to try a different drug.
Customer: okay
Dr. R. Bora : So, I guess your question has been answered!
Customer: yes it has thank you
Dr. R. Bora : You are welcome.
Dr. R. Bora : Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.
For any new question, please request me as DR. BORA in the opening statement of the question.
Thanks.