Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

I am 21 years old, 65" and 220 lbs. I accidentally double

I am 21 years old, 6'5" and 220 lbs. I accidentally double dosed on my 250 MG Zoloft dose, taking 500MG. Will I be ok?

Hello and thank you for the question.

Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

When did you take the extra dose?

Do you experience any kind of unusual symptoms right now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I Think that I took the second dose a few hours after. No unusual symptoms right now. Well, a little anxious out of concern.

Thank you very much for the useful information.

You have exceeded the maximum daily dose of Zoloft. Although you have not experienced any kind of side effect with this, its imperative to watchfully monitor yourself right now, and preferably go to ER as well for a comprehensive clinical examination, just to make sure that there is nothing seriously wrong right now.

If you have not experienced any adverse effects many hours after you have taken the extra dose, most likely you would remain normal and would not get any kind of serious effects.

However, to be on the safe side, there is no harm in getting an evaluation done, especially if you experience any kind of unusual symptoms.

Keep yourself adequately hydrated.

And stay calm.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
At this level of overdose what kind of symptoms may occur? could hallucinations occur or just physical symptoms?

Both can happen.

Restlessness.

Aggression.

Agitation.

Hallucination.

Irregular heart beat.

Apart from this nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and feeling unsteadiness are the important symptoms.

I hope this clarifies.

Kindest Regards