Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

I keep having tiny blisters that are very easy to pop. They

I keep having tiny blisters that are very easy to pop. They don't take all that long to heal, maybe 3 to 4 days. Every time they appear, my foreskin itches (I'm uncircumcised) and below the head is moist. I had a herpes test and it came back negative, but of course I've heard that a false negative happens 50% of the time. Any info on this would be helpful :)
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims : Hello, welcome to the site!I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
Dr Brims : When did you have a herpes test?
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
When did you have a herpes test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In December, within a few days of me noticing that I had blisters.

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Are the blisters painful or do they itch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They do a little of both. Anti-fungal cream takes the itch away pretty quickly though, and they're so small, they don't hurt unless I stretch the skin.

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
This may be herpes, but you may have taken the test too early, I would recommend repeating the test to make sure, serum IgG antibodies , is the test to have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You've only told me what I already know. I was hoping for clarification. I've done a lot of research online since December, but I haven't found any pictures or stories that sound like what's going on with me. I don't have any of the "classic" herpes symptoms, and I haven't found even one page online that has a story of someone having blisters but not swollen lymph nodes or any other symptoms.

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
The only way to confirm this is by having another test. There is no amount of online research that can substitute for that, and I cannot confirm if you have herpes or not without another test either. The truth is your symptoms are very characteristic of a herpes infection, the only difference between your cases and others is the negative test you had. If you have had an antibody test (rather than the swab) soon after the symptoms appeared, then it is common to test negative because the antibodies have not had time to form yet . I know this may not be what you would like to hear, but I have an obligation to be honest, and it would hurt you more if I was less than honest. Most patients I have encountered with herpes do not have any swollen lymph nodes, the only symptom they have are blisters that heal within a few days. Therefore I think you need another test. If you have another test that is negative, it would have to be concluded that it is dermatitis, which may be fungal in origin. A skin biopsy may be required, and anti fungal creams would likely help in such a case
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had a swab test done actually. But thanks for all the information :)

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. If you have had a swab test, then I would recommend an antibody test, and if it is negative, then you may have a fungal infection rather than herpes
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience