Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

Can you please tell me if it is correct to change the daily

Can you please tell me if it is correct to change the daily dosage of Plavix to a dose of one every other day?

Dr Brims : Hello, welcome to the site!I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
Dr Brims : Was this done my your cardiologist?
Customer: Hi I will just like to know if the Plavix dosage should be changed or should we continue to give my mother the daily dosage as has been done since November 2007
Dr Brims : Was it changed by your cardiologist?
Customer: It was not a cardiologist no,
Dr Brims : How long have you been on it?
Customer: My mother has been taking a daily dose of Plavix since November 2007
Dr Brims : Okay, then changing it to every other day is acceptable, since she has been on it for more than 2 years
Dr Brims : its effect wil not be lost
Customer: So this is okay then because I assumed since the package had the days written then it was to be taken every day
Dr Brims : It is usually taken everyday, but in some cases it can be taken every other day
Customer: Thank you for clearing this up for me so she can continue to take it every other day from now then
Dr Brims : Yes, she can continue to take it every other day
Dr Brims : You're quite welcome
Customer: thank you very much for assisting me in this matter
Dr Brims : You're very welcome
Dr Brims : if you have any questions in the future, you may request me by starting them with "Dr Brims" and I will answer
Dr Brims : If you have no other questions, please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session
Were you able to see my last replies in the chat session?