Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

When I eat a meal (not always, but if its a big meal) and feel

When I eat a meal (not always, but if its a big meal) and feel full, I sometimes feel like both sides of my neck (like carotid artery???) feels full - not painful really, just noticable. I have had the Lifeline screenings just this year where they check your arteries and mine checked out ok. What could this be and should I worry?

Dr Brims : Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
Dr Brims : When this occurs do you have any redness or swelling?
Customer: no
Dr Brims : Any shortness of breath or difficulty swallowing?
Customer: no
Dr Brims : Okay, this may be a sensation you get in your neck when your stomach pushes on your diaphragm, it is likely nothing to be concerned about
Customer: whew! thank you so much! Do you think the lifeline-type screenings are pretty good to go by?
Dr Brims : You're very welcome, yes, I think they are good to go by
Customer: Thank you!