Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I am 56 year old female. when I get warm or hot my eyes get

I am 56 year old female. when I get warm or hot my eyes get puffy, my fingers swell and my face flushes. what could cause this?

Dr Brims : Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
Dr Brims : When did this start?
Customer: In the last month I think.
Dr Brims : Do you have any medical conditions or take any medication?
Customer: I am about 30 pounds overweight, take prem-pro for menopause symptoms, good physical health just overweight and have office job at a desk all day so pretty sedentary.
Dr Brims : I see, and have you had any tests?
Customer: no. I had the lifeline testing where they check you for strokes and heart attacks and I was fine in all of that. Blood pressure was ok.
Dr Brims : Okay, you may be suffering from hypothyroidism, which is due to low output from the thyroid hormone, it can lead to the symptoms you have above
Dr Brims : I would recommend you have this evaluated with a blood test called a TSH, it is routine and inexpensive
Customer: what do you do for that?
Dr Brims : The conditions is easily treated with thyroid hormone supplements
Customer: I actually was on something for this a few years ago - thank you! XXXXX ask another question - totally unrelated?
Dr Brims : If you have another question that is unrelated to this, the website rules require you to open a new question/post. I would be hapy to answer you, if you want me to help, start the question with "Dr Brims", and it will come to me directly
Customer: I will do that, thank you.
Dr Brims : You're quite welcome