Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

I have started to get small, red, bumps just on the very top

I have started to get small, red, bumps just on the very top of my feet. They are not between the toes, or anywhere else on me. They itch, and they seem to have been coming and going the past few weeks. They'll be gone all day, and then usually at night they come back. Sometimes I notice them during the day, but they are worse at night. I have also noticed that my hands, feet, and ankles have started to swell at night. I did start exercising more regularly, but that's the only change...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Since how long you have these symptoms?
Is there any watery discharge from the bumps?
Have you undergone any tests so far?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have had them on and off for about a month, maybe a little longer. No watery discharge from the bumps, and no tests. They didn't really bother me much, but today they are especially itchy (no I haven't been scratching them). I figured they would go away on their own, but I've been getting more of them as time has goes by.
Dear Katherine,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you have described are suggestive of skin disease known as eczema(Dermatitis).

A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become reddish & itchy.

The following will help you greatly:Take tablet benadryl once a day.Apply cream containing hydrocortisone.

If the area is large then apply Calamine lotion.This will reduce the rashes & itching.All these medications are available at your counter without any prescription.

Another possibility can be of staph infection.

You may need following tests:

-Elimination-type tests
-Radioallergosorbent test (RAST)
-Skin biopsy
-Antinuclear antibody(ANA) tests
-CD4/CD8 Ratio (Immune System Analysis)

So I advice you too use the above described medications.If still the symptoms persists then you need to consult your doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you! XXXXX
Dr. Charles

Hi Katherine,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you taken these medications?
Have you consulted your doctor?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the follow up!!! I just tried the calamine lotion because diphenhydramine knocks me out, and I didn't have cortisone cream at the time. The calamine helped immediately, and it hasn't returned yet. If it comes back and the calamine doesn't work, then I will see a doctor. Right now it is all better! Thank you again for the advice and follow up!!
Hi Katherine,
Thank you for the words of appreciation.

It feels very good when you said that you are very better & it is cured now.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles