Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

If a person had Hepatitis B or C what Liver Enzymes would nost

If a person had Hepatitis B or C what Liver Enzymes would nost likely be elevated if any?

AST (SGOT) and ALT (SGPT) are the liver enzymes most likely elevated with Hepatitis B and C.

Serum Bilirubin,Alkaline phosphatase has also seen elevated in Hepatitis.

As both hepatitis B and C cause liver damage resulting in abnormality in liver functions.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
MY ALT was 54 (46 Norm) My AST was 26, ferretin was 825 saturation was 17.9 % Iron was 63. Could this be chronic hepatitis. I had a ultrasound about a year ago that showed a slightly enlarged (17.2 cm)Fatty liver, but no Hep screen was performed for some odd reason.

Thanks for the follow-up.

As your ALT is slightly raised and if your other liver function test were normal then such elevation is not a significant and could be related to fatty liver.

Chances of Hepatitis B or C are very less in your case as usually ALT and AST raise more than 1000(normal range 46).

Ferritin levels can be associated with fatty liver and it's advised to undergo repeat ultrasound to screen the current condition of your liver.

Even repeat liver function test should be done to evaluate the current liver function.

So i suggest you to consult a Gastroenterologist for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Thank you.