Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I have a history of a TBI with a hematoma, then had a small

I have a history of a TBI with a hematoma, then had a small stroke, I noticed today a hard bump on my arm under the ski and it appears to be on the vein, could this be a blood clot? It is a little painful, and has 3 little redish dots
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have swelling of affected arm?
Have you noticed Increased warmth in affected arm?
Have you noticed changes in skin color (redness)?
Any other health or medical problems

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't tell if I have swelling, possibly, I have thin arms, and the affected arm feels a little tender and not as hard as my other arm, like soft,. As far as warmth in my arm, that's hard to answer because I am always cold, so I put layers on, my doctor last week told me my body was hot and asked if I felt hot, but I was comfortable, skin looks like three little dots, kinda pinkish not very dark. And the bump is u der the skin and it's looks like it is on top of one of my bigger veins (most my veins are pretty small) never had this happen before, and my neuro told me before that I might by at risk for clots, and other stuff since I had brain trauma.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, Thanks for all these additional details. I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, blood clot may form inside small veins near the surface of your skin.
Some of the common symptoms with blood clot are-

-Swelling
-pain or tenderness
-Reddish or bluish skin discoloration
-warm to touch

A thorough clinical examination and tests have to be done for precise diagnosis.
Small red spots can also occur with allergic reaction.
You can apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area 4-5 times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain.

Blood clot is diagnosed through-

-Doppler ultrasound exam of affected limb
-D-dimer blood test.

This clot can interfere with blood flow, and it may break off and travel through the bloodstream .
The traveling blood clot can further lodge in the brain, lungs, heart, or other area, severely damaging that organ.

You need to get immediate medical evaluation and accordingly line of treatment will be selected.
I advise that you should not delay and rush to ER ASAP for prompt treatment.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it wait till the morning
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, I can understand your concern.

Yes, you can wait till tomorrow. You should definitely get it checked by tomorrow.

This clot can interfere with blood flow, and it may break off and travel through the bloodstream .The traveling blood clot can further lodge in the brain, lungs, heart, or other area, severely damaging that organ.

Please get it checked by tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, I was just feeling it again and it seems to have seperated a little, rather than the one firm bump, now it has a little gap in the middle of it, it's still one bump, but some of it has split, is that good or bad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.Just wanted more informed Think the area is a little inflamed
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have been following your question. Since you have re listed the question, I would like to help you out.

From what you have described, the hard bump (which now appears to have split) is more likely to be an inflamed superficial lymph node cluster . The reddish dots beside it could be due to mild inflammatory changes.
In case it was a blood clot, it is a superficial vein inflammation (known as thrombophlebitis) which is not a blood clot and
so not as serious as a DVT or deep vein thrombosis.

You should see your GP tomorrow morning. Depending on the diagnosis, applying hot compress may be helpful.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.