Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS
8413180

I have a female friend with a family history of White Brain

I have a female friend with a family history of White Brain Syndrome. Diagnosed recently with MRI. Presebt neurologist out of her insurance plan.
She wants to attend the best neurologist for treatment from the start. She lives in Los Angeles, California and unfortunately many have opted out of excellent insurance plans.
Can one of you give a name to the best neurologist or physician that has a particular expertise in this disease and who would be best for her treatment start. She is in her fifties, a RN and passion for living.
This is my third time with you.
Linda Ferguson

A Neurologist that is well known for his research and expertise in the area of degeneration of myelin in the white matter fiber pathways of the brain (White Brain Syndrome) Is George Bartzokis, MD a Neurologist associated with the UCLA Medical Center (which is in the Los Angeles area). He works out of the Memory Disorder Clinic.

You can find his contact information, as well as a link to his impressive list of publications and research findings HERE .

You may call his office to see if he is accepting patients and insurance, but I do not believe he would be listed in the UCLA Health Physician Directory, if he was not doing so.

Please write back to me here, if for some reason this referral does not work out for your friend or if you have any other questions about this.

Thank you for your question, and I hope to hear this works out well for your friend.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what exactly is treatment and what is usual outcome of this disease?
What Quality of Life can one expect?
Linda Ferguson
Hello and thank you for rating my answer positively. I will get back to you later today/this evening to provide you with answers to your follow up questions (I am involved with another work situation at the moment, and want to provide you with proper details)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you and look forward to your reply
Linda Ferguson
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Susan
Will appreciate any info you have regarding treatment and prognosis of this disease
Linda Ferguson
So sorry for the delay, i promise to get back to you before the morning. Much busier than I planned, but am getting some info together for you now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Susan Ivy
Have you forgotten my question re treatment and prognosis of white brain syndrome?
Linda Ferguson