Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

How long till I can run. I had the toe nail removed last M

How long till I can run. I had the toe nail removed last Monday.

mysticdoc : The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
mysticdoc : Hello,
mysticdoc : Thanks for your question.
mysticdoc : Usually it takes 10 to 14 days for the healing process.
mysticdoc : This time period also ensures less injury to the nail bed while new nail is growing.
Customer: Ok so should I maybe wait till Wednesday. I have a 5k race Saturday night.
mysticdoc : yes that will be good.
Customer: Ok. thanks for your help. I'm anxious to run again. Running is a big part of my life Enjoy doing it and I haven't run for almost two weeks. I had to wait to get it removed till Monday of last week. I'm ready to get back to running again
mysticdoc : No problem.
Customer: Will it be safe to race the 5k Saturday night.
mysticdoc : you will be back again in 10 days.
Customer: So I am safe to race Saturday night then
mysticdoc : yes correct
Customer: Ok great. Thanks again you made my day because different people I talk to are telling me its not a good ideal.
mysticdoc : very welcome
mysticdoc : Best wishes,Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/