Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

after twenty years of strange symptoms and recognizing i am

after twenty years of strange symptoms and recognizing i am the third generation with such problems i see that my family tree sufers from both wet and dry form of beri beri. The most amazing results a year ago when i ingested benfotiamine (fat soluable form of B1) for the first time..my legs felt so much better and many of my problems improved....

the issue is there must be someone, somewhere that has experience with this rare condition? My HMO MD's just say thats an interestinmg theory...

i have overloaded twice on B1 and need help on dosage
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, it is true that Beriberi in these days is a rare condition . However , there are still patients who suffer from Beri-Beri , it has also been described cases of genetic or hereditary Beri-Beri in which the person loses the ability of absorbing Vitamin B1.

You could ask for your physician for a Vitamin B1 blood and urine tests. Usually ,a blood level of 70-180 nmol/L is normal , if your Vitamin B1 levels are under 70 ,that will confirm a Vitamin B1 deficiency.

If the results are positive , Your doctor will prescribe you 5-30 mgs of Vitamin B1 per day for 1 month ,after that you should receive a maintenance treatment of 1.2 mgs per day.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.

Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
such a tiny maintenance dose 0f 1.2 MG? how do i get so small?
Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
Instead of using over the counter pill supplements ,you could consume these vitamin through your diet eating 1 cup of fortified cereal in the morning and during the day 1 cup of lentils ,brown rice or peas .

That will supplement the exact amount you need.