Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I am 27 years old and I am having very sharp pains on left

I am 27 years old and I am having very sharp pains on left side of my chest under my breast, this pain is constant and does not waiver. I am also feeling like my left arm is very weak and tingly. I had a pace maker implanted when I was 21 years old due to complete heart block. What could this be?

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

I was about to ask you if you had any cardiac history. In the case where the pacemaker has been implanted previously, I would suggest that you have a cardiac check up to be sure that everything is ok. It could be your pacer or could be your heart or even a muscular-type pain. But of course, its always best to rule out cardiac issues first then go down from there. Let me know if I can help you further.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how do i change my rating? i was typing a reply ans the poor service popped up. Since I have had the pace maker I have been to the hospital several times with issues of syncope and have had an ablation performed as well. The syncope still happens but not nearly as often as before. I currently don't have insurance so I am unable to contact my cardiologist.

Hi there, after you read this answer, you should be able to change the problem.

Even without insurance you can still call the office and ask them what they think you should do considering your past medical history. -they won't charge you for a telephone triage call. Also, if this is something potentially life threatening, the ER would be the next best place to go as they can't turn you away without insurance. They can see you and make sure you are ok then send you charge. If this was your toe or something like that, I'd say not to worry to much about it and take some advil...unfortunately, at such a young age you have a cardiac history and you'll need to at least let someone know at your Cardiologists' office or just go to the ER and let them test your pacemaker and heart rhythm to make sure you are ok.