Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I am battling depression, anxiety, and insomnia for the last

I am battling depression, anxiety, and insomnia for the last 8 months. I am currently taking Zoloft (150 mg) and Trazodone (50 mg). I have just recently changed to the trazodone as of last Monday (a week ago). Before that I was taking Klonopin (1.5 mg). On Wednesday I started feeling very dizzy, shaky, sweaty, clinching teeth. I still feel this way. I did not take the Trazodone last night but I still feel this way and only slept 2 hours last night. Can you please guide me in the right direction on what I should do? Or what we might be looking at?

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Have you quit any of your medications suddenly from all the changing? (did you quit the Klonopin suddenly?)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. I stopped the Klonopin the night before I started the Trazodone.
OK thank you. That is what I thought I was reading.....that you had been taking 1.5mg's of Klonopin then you stopped it to change to something different. I would STRONGLY recommend that you get with the prescriber of these medications and let them know you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms from the Klonopin and that you need to be tapered down. The most common taper is to cut the dosage no more than in half for a week or so, then cut that in half ....etc. You will most certainly need to be tapered down for you to be able to sleep/function etc.