Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

chest painm it hurts when i touch the center of chest

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims : Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
Dr Brims : I'm sorry to hear about this
Dr Brims : When did this start?
Customer: its been like this for days
Dr Brims : Do you have any medical conditions or take any medication?
Customer: i have a heart murmur due to a valve problem. i see a doc and ive been to thr ER 4 times for chest pain and nothing
Dr Brims : Okay, and is this pain similar to the previous pain?
Customer: yea, i also get shortness of breathe and dizzy
Customer: my doc said i have an anxiety disorder
Dr Brims : Do you have anxiety disorder?
Customer: i do,
Customer: i get get panic attacks and have generalized anxiety disorter
Dr Brims : Okay, and do you take any medication for it?
Customer: he gave me pills but i dont want to take them
Customer: i feel like this is a real problem
Customer: like all the dotors missed something
Dr Brims : Okay, and what questions can I help you answer concerning this condition?
Customer: why does my chest hurt, like espesialy wen i bend forward or like sqweeze my chest muscles
Customer: why do i get such shortness of breathe
Dr Brims : These are likely from anxiety, if you have had this in the past and the tests were negative then anxiety is the likely culprit
Customer: how would i know though
Dr Brims : The only way to know is to have a doctor examine you and perform tests
Customer: my heart skiped like 4 beats in a row,
Dr Brims : I see, I am sorry to hear that
Customer: ive had ekg ecg stress test a heart monitor and nothing
Dr Brims : Then it is likely anxiety
Customer: can you tell me what i can do to know if it is or not? besides go to the docs
Customer: why does my chest hurt more wen i squeeze it.
Dr Brims : I'm sorry, it is impossible for you to know by yourself, if I tell you otherwise it would be wrong and untrue. Only through a physical exam and testing can the cause be determined, but since all of your tests have been negative then your symptoms are likely from anxiety
Customer: well what can i do yo stop the chest pain?
Dr Brims : You may go to an ER, or you may take your anti-anxiety medication, those are the best options. Deep breathing techniques are also helpful
Customer: if i was having a heart problem whould i be feeling this way for 5 days
Dr Brims : It is unlikely you would feel this way for 5 days
Customer: so if someone was having a heart attack or heart prblems what would he be feeling
Dr Brims : They could feel chest pain, shortness of breath and dizziness
Customer: can u be more spacific?
Dr Brims : Heart problems are not diagnosed by symptoms alone, they are diagnosed with symptoms, a physical exam and confirmed only with tests like an EKG and blood tests
Customer: ok so what is the difference between anxiety or a more serious problem
Dr Brims : With anxiety all the tests are negative, with a serious problem the tests are positive
Customer: ????
Dr Brims : Are you there?
Dr Brims : I'm not sure why you rated the service as bad
Dr Brims : Is there a part of your question you need clarified?
Customer: ???
Dr Brims : The main difference is
Customer: \ok thanks
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience