Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hey dr chip I have a question.. I have a pain in my chest left

Hey dr chip I have a question.. I have a pain in my chest left side when I stretch or pop my chest out have you seen something like this....or heard
Hi--how long has this been going on? Where precisely is the pain and any tenderness there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the pain is by the pectorals major sternocostal part. it been like this for like a couple of weeks. What do you mean by tenderness?
Sore to the touch. How long does it last?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is not sore when i touch it. it last the stretch when i let go the stretch it leaves
OK--two possibilities here, neither one of them serious. Of course one would be a brief muscle pull. The other would be a brief superficial nerve pinch in the pleura--the lining of your lung. Either one wouldn't indicate, as I said, anything serious, but have a doctor take a look just to determine which it is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
if it was either one of these you mentioned what can be done to get rid of this issue...
A course of prednisone for about two weeks on a tapering dose would be what I would prescribe.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So suppose prescribed and the medication was not taken how long will this pain last???
Not sure what you were saying there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm asking suppose a doctor gave me the medicine you stated and I didn't take it how long will this pain last with out any medication.
Usually not more than a few weeks. If it's muscle, a therapy course with a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--will take care of it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So usually after a work out I get a massage will this hurt the issue.
No, actually more of the massages should help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Massage to back? Because there is not that much massage to chest area? Should I continue to work out ?
Most masseuses or masseurs are trained to manipulate all muscle groups. Yes, you can continue the workout
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok...thanks chip.