Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS THIS PERSON CONFUSED ON WHAT TO

Customer Question

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS THIS PERSON CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO IM UNCUT AND HAVE A SMALL CUT ......have a cut on my penis, right under the head, on that little piece of skin that connects the rest of the skin to the head.
its only been 2 days, and it hurts when touched, its extremely sensitive.
but what is really concerning me is that the effected area is red and also white on top, im afraid it might be infected. im really scared.
im also not circumcised, so its always in a dark place.
what i was to know is this
is it infected?
how can i heal this?
how long will it take to fully heal?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

DR HASAN : Hi
DR HASAN : Thanks for your question. My name is Dr Hasan and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details.
DR HASAN : Do you have itching at that site of cut?
JACUSTOMER-kng2k1fj- : NO
DR HASAN : Any pus discharge?
JACUSTOMER-kng2k1fj- : A LITTLE ON THE SURFACE
DR HASAN : yellow colored pus?
JACUSTOMER-kng2k1fj- : YES
DR HASAN : any recent unprotected sex?
JACUSTOMER-kng2k1fj- : I HAD SOME ORAL
DR HASAN : When exactly?
JACUSTOMER-kng2k1fj- : LAST SUNDAY
DR HASAN : Any diagnosed medical problem?
JACUSTOMER-kng2k1fj- : NONE
DR HASAN : What have you tried so far for this?
JACUSTOMER-kng2k1fj- : I HAVE A UCUT PLAYED A LITTLE TO HARD STREACHED A LITTLE TO HARD
DR HASAN : but you have not tried any medicines?
JACUSTOMER-kng2k1fj- : I HAVE TRIED HYDEDROGEN PEROXIDE NEOSPORIN
DR HASAN : ok
DR HASAN : last question.
DR HASAN : What are your fears? For what you are so scared?
JACUSTOMER-kng2k1fj- : IT STRIGS WANT TI TO HEAL WHAT SHOULD I USE ON LINE THEY SAID NEOSPORIN WASNT GOOD TO USE
DR HASAN : Thanks a lot for your input.
DR HASAN : First of all i would like to reassure you that you don't need to stress yourself because it is not serious or life threatening.
DR HASAN : Yes this can be an infection.
DR HASAN : But this is treatable.
JACUSTOMER-kng2k1fj- : GOOD WHAT SHOULD I USE
DR HASAN : I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations neosporin should be continued and there is no harm in using that. Moreover OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream twice daily can help you too to reduce the redness.
DR HASAN : Avoid hydrogen peroxide as you have this problem on a very sensitive area.
DR HASAN : Any other over the counter (OTC) disinfectant like chlorhexidine solution can be used to wash the area.
DR HASAN : You can also wash it with soap and water.
DR HASAN : Let the area dry in open air and then apply the creams.
DR HASAN : Usually it can take a week to heal.
DR HASAN : But if possible visit your doctor also because you need to get the culture of this pus to get to the cause and you may need antibiotics for this.
DR HASAN : However till you visit or if for any reason, if you don't visit, my suggestions will help you. Moreover OTC tab aleve twice daily is excellent for pain relief.
DR HASAN : But i would like to emphasize again that please don't stress yourself.
DR HASAN : Any question?
DR HASAN : Are you with me?
DR HASAN : You there?
DR HASAN : I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 3 years ago.
The area you are mentioning is called the frenulum. Cuts or tears on this are extremely sensitive and painful.The tear may heal spontaneously if you see your doctor for any infection and avoid stretching the frenulum by avoiding sex/masturbatuion. About 5% of all males have a short frenulum/Frenulum breve which gets torn/cut occasionally or repeatedly when the organ is used vigorously.It would be best to to seek a surgeon who will examine you and do a minor surgery called frenuloplasty .This will solve your problem permanently.Use of peroxide or irritating creams are to be avoided in this sensitive area,the healing time after the surgery would be about 10 days with added six weeks of avoiding sex. Ruling out a STD help.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
HI, I respectfully disagree with my fellow expert because surgery in such cases is never required. The reason is this that you have just one episode of this problem. You just need a culture and antibiotics accordingly. However till you visit your doctor, my advise given above can provide you relief. Please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.