Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I have dizziness for about 9 years. Tests were done. I was

I have dizziness for about 9 years. Tests were done. I was diagnosed with inner ear infection. Recently I had flu and also I have anxiety. My dizziness got worse. It's not vertigo just feeling inside my head and a little off balance. Also I feel ear and head pressure that comes and goes.

Associated stuffy nose?

Clogged ears?

Muffled hearing?

Are you taking any medications?

Ringing in ears?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No stuffy nose just pressure in actually right ear or head pressure. First I get extreme anxiety then I feel dizzy and then pressure in head and also the whole body sort of heavy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No ringing in ears no muffled hearing . I am taking antibiotics for urethritis for quite a while as preventative now.

Thanks for providing more information.

As you have history of inner ear infection and now flu so it aggravate your symptoms as nose and ears are connected to each other.

As per your current condition,dizziness,ear pressure is intermittent so it suggests Eustachian tube blockage.

So in my opinion,you shouldn't ignore your symptoms and consult your ENT specialist again for a clinical examination to prevent any further complications like middle ear infection.

In the meantime you should take OTC Claritin and Motrin.

Also do menthol steam inhalation.

Try Sudafed decongestant for 3 days to see if it helps.

Try Valsalva manoeuvre
-Take a breath in. Then, try to breathe out gently with your mouth closed and pinching your nose.In this way, no air is blown out but you are gently pushing air into the Eustachian tube. If you do this you may feel your ears go 'pop' as air is forced into the middle ear. This sometimes eases the problem.

Elevate your head side of bed.

Use a humidifier in your room.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can also be due to anxiety?Lately I have severe anxiety. Also I had flu about two month ago. Could it aggregate my dizziness?

Most likely your symptoms have been aggravated by flu.

Anxiety is just a contributing factor.

In my opinion,consult your ENT specialist again for further evaluation and management.

And try self care measures as i have mentioned in previous reply to see if they provide you good results.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Thank you.