Karel1
Karel1, Certified Respiratory Therapist
Experience:  Have suffered with Narcolepsy a sleeping disorder over 30 years,specializes in asthma ,COPD
24118

I have a hospital charging for a $535.00 hospital bill that

I have a hospital charging for a $535.00 hospital bill that my insurance shows our responsibility is $0 and states this "BCBC Discount & 3rd Party payments -535.00.

This hospital is in my network and to my understanding they are under contract to charge what the insurance contract with hospital that's in network.

This is in a collection agencies, how do I word this so they will correct this?
Send them a copy of your hospital clain that shows that this is paid or call your insurance company and have them send you a letter which in turn you send to the collection agency. O also would call the collection agency and explain this as well as get the persons name to whom you spoke to. You can also give them your insurance information and let them go crazy . But if your summary of that claim that was paid states responsibility 0 simply get the fax number of the person you are speaking to and tell them you will fax them the summary showing zero responsibility that should be sufficient. Dont let them push you around otherwise appeal the claim thru your insurance company.