Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

My grandson has just fell and has a lg pea size knot that is

Customer Question

My grandson has just fell and has a lg pea size knot that is purple on his right temple...should i be alarmed
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
What did he hit with his head and is he fine otherwise--no balance problems or any other symptoms? Did he get right back up after the fall?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he has bunk beds, the ladder became detached and the wooden corner of the ladder is what hit him, he was stunned for a moment but is acting fine otherwise, the area is just purple and the knot is like I stated before the size of a lg pea...I am applying ice
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--probably he'll be fine but unfortunately I can't examine him. I could tell you to watch him for the next few hours for an increasing headache, vision problems, balance problems, or excessive drowsiness, but if those occur then the possible bleed in his brain would have already advanced a great deal. While I think he'll be fine, you really should have a doctor look at him now just to make sure he is fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, thank you for your time and expertise...
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure but please remember to rate my service to you