Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

Hi, I am a 30 year old female and I am currently taking amoxicillin

Hi, I am a 30 year old female and I am currently taking amoxicillin for an ear infection, day 3 of 7. Since I saw the doctor, I have developed a cough productive of greenish sputum. I don't have a fever right now, but I am really tired. My question is, I have a follow up appointment with my doctor in 3 days, is it acceptable for me to wait until I see her, or should I try to be seen again sooner?

Dr Brims : Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
Dr Brims : I'm sorry to hear about this
Dr Brims : If you don't have any chills or shortness of breath you may wait and see your doctor in 3 days
Customer: Oh, ok... that's what I was kind of thinking, but I don't want to miss something
Dr Brims : I understand
Customer: I am having some chest pain with it, but I think it's just from coughing so much, like I have a muscle strain or something.
Dr Brims : Okay, if it is from a muscle strain due to coughing you should still be able to wait
Customer: So, chills or shortness of breath, anything else I should watch for?
Dr Brims : fevers as well
Dr Brims : If you cough up blood also
Customer: Ok thanks. XXXXX just start getting better from everything soon!
Dr Brims : You're very welcome
Dr Brims : Hopefully it will improve soon