Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

I dont know where to start with this. I have been to the

I don't know where to start with this. I have been to the dematologist every three months for the past year. I have had body checks and spots removed. i had squamous cell on my face and had mohs surgery. That was a year ago. i have this spot on the instep of my foot. I though at first is was a scar of some sort or a stain on my foot. When the dermatologist looked at it she said it was a mole. It is flat not raised and light brown. I have been looking on the internet and it says that the ones one your feet are acral nevus and are dangerous. I am starting to get scared that my dermatologist missed something, In fact I think I am imaging this but it has gotten darker. but that could be my imagination running away from me. She looked at it under a I think it is called a dermascope and said it was fine. Am I just freaking out for nothing. Am I misinterpreting the internet?

Dr Brims : Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
Dr Brims : You are likely experiencing anxiety over this, but you have nothing to worry about if your dermatologist has examined the mole under a dermascope
Dr Brims : Are you there?
Customer: Yes I am here.
Dr Brims : Can you see my reply above?
Customer: Is there anything I need to keep checking on because I do not go back to the derm until September and I heard that melanoma on the foot is highly dangerous
Dr Brims : If it grows in size rapidly then you should see your dermatologist sooner
Customer: Okay as far as I can tell it has been the same size for the past four years when I first had noticed it
Dr Brims : Okay, that is good
Customer: Is this common on the foot?
Dr Brims : It is fairly common
Customer: Well i thank you very much and I will keep an eye on it. I guess I read to much internet and diagnose myself with everything. Not a good thing. I would like to be able to use you in the future for other questions is that possible?
Dr Brims : Yes, it is possible, just start the question with "Dr Brims" and I will answer you in any future questions
Dr Brims : You're quite welcome
Customer: Again thank you and you have eased my mind.
Dr Brims : You're very welcome
Dr Brims : I am happy I could help