Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Would a cat scan of the head show any problems with the temperal

Customer Question

Would a cat scan of the head show any problems with the temperal bones if there was one?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 3 years ago.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello !
Anthony Bray MD : What sort of problem do you suspect and why?
Anthony Bray MD : the head CT would show the temporal bones > YES and any significant structural abnormality such as a fracture would be demonstrated ....
Anthony Bray MD : A test such as a head CT is best looking for specific type findings... The intensity of the radiation and the views taken will depend on what type if study is ordered...
JACUSTOMER-fwcpo454- : My 18 month old daughter had a cat scan of her head three weeks ago which came back clear. Last week I noticed a lump on the side of her head just above her ear. Her doctor said it was just her temperal bone that sticks out a bit. I'm still nervous about it, but then I remembered that she had just had the cat scan done, so I was wondering if it was anything more than that if it would have shown up on her cat scan
Anthony Bray MD : Hello again >> yes the head CT would have picked up any abnormality in that regard. You may request her doctor to review the head CT if this would be helpful to your peace of mind in this regard...
Anthony Bray MD : It may be helpful to review her head CT in direct comparison to physical exam...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray MD : If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated! Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
JACUSTOMER-fwcpo454- : Thank you. That gives me more peace of mind.
Anthony Bray MD : I suspect that a benign prominence if the bone as suggested by her doctor is probably on target...
Anthony Bray MD : good! Let me know if you have anything further! Take care!!