Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

headache on and off for about 3 weeks now. mostly in the forehead

headache on and off for about 3 weeks now. mostly in the forehead and top of the head. heard about someone i know being diagnosed with brain tumor. been super paranoid about it, so had mri done, which was fine. i thought it should get better after it came back normal, but still have headaches and still think about that person. now, i am thinking that they may have missed something. when i drink, it goes away, but then comes back.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha : Hello,
Dr. Saha : Welcome to Just Answer.
Dr. Saha : Do you have any other symptom?
Dr. Saha : Is the headache getting worse?
Customer: no.
Customer: but, it comes and goes.
Customer: and it's really annoying.
Customer: and i am worried.
Dr. Saha : Do you have nausea or vomiting?
Customer: and every morning i wake up and check whether i have it or not
Customer: no
Dr. Saha : Do you have any past illness?
Customer: like what?
Dr. Saha : Sinusitis, anxiety state?
Customer: yes, to both
Dr. Saha : It is likely that those are causing your headache.
Dr. Saha : Did doctor prescribe any medicine?
Customer: no, i went before mri and have not seen them since.
Dr. Saha : Pain in the forehead area can occur from sinusitis.
Customer: what should they prescribe?
Customer: even if mri does not indicate that there is anything wrong with sinuses?
Dr. Saha : As your MRI has come normal, there should not be any tumor.
Customer: but, would mri show whether or not there is something wrong with sinuses?
Dr. Saha : MRI can show up signs of sinusitis.
Dr. Saha : If MRI does not show any sign of sinusitis then there can be anxiety, stress.
Dr. Saha : You should avoid anxiety & stress.
Customer: well, that is easier said than done.
Customer: any pointers on that?
Dr. Saha : Yes, you are right.
Dr. Saha : Doctor can prescribe medicine for anxiety.
Dr. Saha : You need to take follow up visit with doctor.
Customer: do, you think there is anything to worry about (besides anxiety, which can be super crippling) that is?
Customer: also, when i take advil, it does help - does that matter?
Dr. Saha : It does not matter if advil helps with the pain.
Dr. Saha : Advil is for treating the symptom.
Customer: what about the other question?
Customer: also, sometimes my eyes feel weird, but i blink and it's ok.
Customer: i am wearing contact lenses
Dr. Saha : Other symptoms can be nausea, vomiting, balance problem, weakness of one side, seizure or convulsion etc.
Dr. Saha : When have you got your eyes checked by doctor?
Dr. Saha : Eye strain can be a possible cause.
Dr. Saha : If you have not got it checked recently, then you can have a vision check.
Dr. Saha : My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Dr. Saha : If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know
Customer: so, do you think that there is something to worry about even with a real sympXXXXX XXXXXke headache or not?
Dr. Saha : I do not think that you need to worry about brain tumor when your MRI has come normal.
Customer: so, what do i need to worry about?
Customer: also, my shoulders and my neck are tense.
Dr. Saha : Can you touch your chest with your chin?
Customer: yes
Customer: what does that mean or tell?
Dr. Saha : Then it is unlikely to be neck rigidity.
Dr. Saha : It is due to headache.
Customer: is this all connected then?
Dr. Saha : It can be related to stress, anxiety.
Customer: i am just concerned about possibility of anything horrible (not that stress is not horrible)
Dr. Saha : It does not seem to be horrible or serious problem.
Customer: quite frankly, i don't know what exactly i am looking for. i feel that i have a real symptom (headache) and it's annoying and does not go away, so it freaks me out and i think the circle starts again. ugh
Dr. Saha : Do you feel it on one or both sides of the fore head?
Customer: straight across forehead or on top. so, i guess it's both
Dr. Saha : Did you consult any neurologist?
Customer: why? is that relevant? bad?
Dr. Saha : I am just asking? Did neurologist advise MRI or your GP?
Customer: i went to gp and for my piece of mind they agreed
Dr. Saha : As the MRI has come normal, you should not worry about tumor. You can take a follow up visit with GP & he can prescribe medicines like anxiolytics, pain medicines.
Customer: ok.
Customer: thank you.
Customer: i think we belabored this point long enough
Dr. Saha : You are always welcome.
Dr. Saha : It’s been a pleasure working with you
Dr. Saha : Best wishes.
Customer: sorry, one more question.
Customer: how long can this thing last?
Dr. Saha : Headache can last long. If you do not worry much, it can get relieved soon.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.