Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

Hi. I have been having an earache for 4 days now. 2 days ago,

Hi. I have been having an earache for 4 days now. 2 days ago, my throat started hurting when I swallow. I'm running a low grade temp, 100, so I went to a walk in clinic in the grocery store. The NP couldn't find anything wrong but prescribed me Meclizine because I have been dizzy too. My husband says to go to a "real" doc. Should I go to an urgent care? Can this get better on its own? We are new to the area and do not have a doctor yet.
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today.I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Have you undergone any tests so far?
Is there any discharge from ear?
Do you still have fever?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am running fever now, low grade, and no discharge from the ear. The NP didn't run any tests...just looked in my ear,nose and throat.
Dear customer,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you are having can be due to ear infection which has traveled from throat through eustachian tube(a connection between middle ear & back of nose).

Most of sore throats are caused by viral infections.But this can also be bacterial like strep throat.It is the most common bacterial cause of sore throat.It is caused group A Streptococcus bacteria.

Most ear infections go away on their own.In most cases the infection clears within 2-3 days on its own.As it has been 4 days now,you may need antibiotics to treat this.

So I advice you to go to urgent care for examination & antibiotics will be prescribed accordingly.

Till then following will help you:

-Take an over-the-counter pain reliever like acetaminophen (such as Tylenol)

-Apply a warm washcloth or heating pad on the ear, and rest.

All this will help you greatly.So My opinion for you is to go to emergency room(ER) to treat it accordingly.

Hope this helped

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you! XXXXX
Dr. Charles

Hi Renee

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted your doctor?
Were you prescribed with antibiotics?

Let me know,
Dr.Charles
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, thank you for your advice. I was given an antibiotic and ear drops and I'm feeling much better. Thank you again! Your advice was greatly appreciated.
Hi Renee,
Thank you for the words of appreciation.

Its good to know that you are feeling much better now.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles