Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I have something called RSd from an accident a few years ago

I have something called RSd from an accident a few years ago now, which is quite debilitating, both from a physical limitation perspective and from a medications perspective not to mention the emotional aspect of it.
I am in what they call a catch 22. If I take the medicine as prescribed then the combined effects of all the medications tend to make me fatigued, gives me visual problems, huge memory gaps of forgetfulness that doesn't come back and I have had severe weight gain with an autoimmune issue with increasing dosage. However if I stop the medication regiment, then I am in 1000 times more pain then with the pain management meds and I find myself needing to limit what I do and where I go. To be honest I don't know what to do. They have also increased my medication in hopes of alleviating the increased pain i get when the area is aggrevated by one thing or another.

Any suggestions with regards XXXXX XXXXX disease. I am at my wits end. I am not a candidate for any research studies nor am I a viab;e medical candiate to have spinal cord implantation done.

Any ideas or suggestions.
thank you
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear what you have been through. Yes, RSD is a chronic illness and waxes and wanes through time. However, if diagnosed early within 3 to 6 months of development, it may respond to lyricia and similar drugs. Physical therapy is also quite helpful to treat RSD.

However, there are alternative therapies like reflexology. It is an alternative medicine involving the physical act of applying pressure to specific parts if the body to heal pain. I have seen people with chronic pain respond to alternative therapy including reflexology when done in conjunction with medicines.

I think you can consult a reflexologist and give it a try. Again, there is chinese medicine which is also seen to cure people having chronic pain including RSD.

If you are interested in alternative therapy, you can give it a thought.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Please do not lose your heart and I assure you that there are still more avenues to treat this condition than what you have already tried.

There is a product that you can use on the involved area to ease to ease the pain. http://www.youngliving.com/massage-oils/Raindrop-Technique

There is something called Pulsed Radio Frequency (RF) Blocks used for treating chronic pain. It is a new and emerging medical therapy used for treating various types of pain including pain of RSD. You will have to consult with a chronic pain clinic having this facility to get more details about the procedure, cost etc.

I hope my answer has helped you.